'L’Ara com’era' virtual experience tickets
- Explore the Ara Pacis as it was in the past, thanks to an augmented reality experience
- Participate in one of the ceremonies that the monument used to host
- Observe the monument's decorative details in 3D
- Buy tickets online to avoid queues at the museum entrance
Gets inside the Ara Pacis and participate in one of the rites performed there. 'The Ara as it was' is an innovative augmented reality experience that employs special AR visors with built-in cameras, which recognize the three-dimensional bas-reliefs and sculptures.
History and technology meet for an immersing multi-sensory visit of the Ara Pacis, one of the most important masterpieces of Roman art, built between 13 and 9BC to celebrate the peace established by Augustus in the territories of the empire.
Discover the original appearance and function of the altar and watch the transformation of the Northern Campus Marzio, the area of Rome chosen by Augustus to celebrate his power. Observe the decorative details of the monument: the mythical past of the Urbe comes to life through the color restoration of the Ara Pacis marble.
Take part in the procession that ends at the mausoleum: among augures, sergeants and priests, Augusto appears followed by his family. The solemn procession accompanies the emperor, surrounding and protecting him while performing the sacred rite. Witness the ritual, reconstructed on the basis of various literary sources and ancient sculpture depictions.
- Entrance ticket to 'L’Ara com’era'
- 3D viewer
- Reduced: young people aged under 26, teachers on duty, journalists registered with the National Order of Journalists (Italy) – professionals, trainees and freelances, members of law enforcement agencies and armed forces with ID, holders of entry tickets to the Museo dell’Ara Pacis
- Free of charge: visitors with a disability and/or disabled civilians with a disability rated at 74% or more and accompanying person, European Union tourist guides and interpreters
Museo dell'Ara Pacis
Lungotevere in Augusta - 00100 Roma
Ara Pacis Museum.
- This ticket must be printed and presented at the entrance of the museum
- Entrance to the exhibition is not permitted for children under 13 years old
- The price breakdown is as follows: Standard price: entrance €12 + booking fee €1 + agency commission €2
- Children under 13 are not allowed to use headsets
- Free for children under 13 accompanied by an adult
- Languages available: English, Italian, French, Spanish and German
- Every day 8.45pm - 10.30pm
- The ticket office closes one hour earlier
- Closed: 1 January, 1 May, 25-30-31 December
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Our Sistine Chapel Express & St. Peter’s Basilica Tour is one of the best ways to experience the Vat...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
Take part in an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
Do you think the Vatican Museums are not child-friendly? Think again! Meet a top child-friendly guid...
NYE 2020 • CIRCLE OF ILLUMINATES ⚡️ ________________________ New Year. Rome. The return of the king ...