Palazzo Barberini tickets
- The building that hosts the National Gallery of Ancient Art
- Visit the Italian Numismatics Institute too
The Barberini Palace hosts part of the important National Gallery of Ancient Art and the Italian Numismatics Institute. It is located in downtown Rome, about 200 meters from Piazza Barberini.
In 1623 Cardinal Maffeo Barberini became pope, bearing the name Urban VIII, and his powerful family wanted to build a magnificent aristocratic residence. The construction works began in 1627 under the guidance of Carlo Maderno. Upon the latter's death Bernini took over the direction of the construction site. Collaborating with Francesco Borromini, he introduced structural and decorative details such as the elegant helical staircase in the building's west wing.
After World War II, the palace was acquired by the Italian State. The building and the garden are now under restoration to create a true National Gallery, with works displayed in chronological order, but also with the possibility of inserting purchases and additions over time.
- Daily admission ticket
- Pre-sale fee
- European Union citizens between 18 and 25
- EU teachers
- Teachers in public Italian schools with indefinite contracts
- EU citizens under 18 years of age
Via delle Quattro Fontane, 13, 00184 Rome
- You can only exchange your ticket on the day of the visit, between the hours of the site's until the starting time of your visit
- You must show a printed copy of your confirmation voucher at the counter in order to receive your ticket
- How to get there - By bus: the central area where it is located is served by several bus lines: 52-53-61-62-63-80--95-116-119-175--204-492-590-630 - By subway: Line A, Barberini station
- The price breakdown is as follows:
- Full Price €13 + 1.5€ booking fee + 1.5€ agency commission
- Reduced €7 + 1.5€ booking fee + 1.5€ agency commission
- Free €1 + 1.5€ booking fee + 1.5€ agency commission
- Tuesdays-Sundays 08.30am-07.00pm
- Closed on Mondays
- Entry is free on the first Sunday of every month
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Watch the sunset across the romantic squares of Rome on a 3-hour guided tour of the city’s historic ...
Take part in an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
You'll begin your day by being picked up at your accommodation and enjoying a panoramic 2-hour drive...
Take a walk on the creepy side thanks to this fascinating tour of Rome’s spookiest locations. Togeth...
Friday 24 January 2020 - Illuminati Circle Special Guest AVA [Capoplaza official dj] TICKET 10 € In ...