Piazza Navona underground - Stadium of Domitian entrance tickets and walking tour
- Explore Piazza Navona underground, opened to the public for the first time in 2014
- Take a glimpse of underground Rome as it was 2000 years ago
- Admire the ancient ruins of the first masonry stadium built in Rome
- Discover the story of the Stadium, Piazza Navona, and sports in Ancient Rome
- Select the option Entrance + guided tour and get the chance to discover Rome with a guide
The remains of the Stadium of Domitian (UNESCO World Heritage) are located beneath Piazza Navona, about 5 meters below ground. This archaeological area is what remains of the first and only masonry stadium known of in Roman history.The Stadium of Domitian was commissioned by Emperor Titus around 80 AD (the same year the Coliseum was completed). Today, this Stadium, once home to Roman entertainment, lies underneath a modern city. It is certainly worth a visit to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
Depending on your needs you can choose between two different ticket options.
If you want to visit the site at your own pace and enter anytime during the opening hours of the site, without missing the stories behind the Stadium, you can choose the option Entrance + audio guide. The audio guide included in the ticket (for children too), illustrated panels, unpublished photos, and videos (also in 3D) tell the stories of the Stadium, Piazza Navona, sports in ancient Rome, and some of the city's major monuments.
If you want to have a more complete experience of the Domitian Stadium and the city of Rome, you can choose the option Entrance + guided tour that includes a 2-hour guided walking tour of Rome's most popular monuments and bustling piazzas.
Meet your personal guide at TOURISTATION NAVONA in navona Square. Take a walk through bustling Piazza Navona, perhaps the most beautiful square in Rome with its magnificent fountains, including the famous Fountain of the 4 Rivers by Bernini.The tour includes exclusive entrance at Navona Square underground.
Explore the Pantheon, the temple dedicated to all divinities. This magnificent building is considered the most well-preserved ancient temple in the world. Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain, the largest and best-known fountain in Rome, to ensure that you will return to Rome one day.
The guided tour will end at the Campidoglio and from a fantastic spot, you will be able to have the greatest view of the Roman Forum and the Coliseum at night.
- Entrance ticket to the Domitian Stadium (included in both options)
- Audioguide tour available in Italian, English, French, Spanish, German, Russian and for kids Italian and English (only with the option Entrance + audioguide)
- Expert guide and 2-hour walking tour (only with the option Entrance + guided tour)
Reductions applicable to the option Entrance + audioguide
- Children aged 12-18
- Adults over 65
- Card Roma Pass
- Big Bus Customers
- Groups with over 15 visitors
- On-site conventions
- Disabled visitors with no chaperon
Free of charge for:
- Children up to 12 years of age
- Disabled people with their helpers (the archaeological area is equipped with a stairlift)
- Tour guides of the European Union exercising their professional activity (including examination for the purpose of studies and professional development), upon presentation of a valid license issued by the competent authority
Reductions applicable to the option Entrance + guided tour
- Child (6-17)
Via di Tor Sanguigna, 3, 00186, Rome
For the option Entrance + audioguide please show your voucher at the entrance of the Stadium, located at Via di Tor Sanguigna 3, to access the Stadium of Domitian.
For the option Entrance + guided tour meet your guide at the TOURISTATION NAVONA in Navona Square 25.
- We recommend to wear comfortable shoes for the 2-hour walking tour
- At the time of booking you will be asked to choose between 2 options: Entrance + audioguide (40 minutes) OR Entrance + guided tour (2 hrs)
- The entrance is free from 10.00am
- The Domitian Stadium is open from 10.00am to 7.00pm
- The Rome's walking guided tour is available every day:
- From June to September at 6.45pm
- From March to May at 6.30pm
Let the Eternal City enchant you as you stroll through its picturesque cobblestone alleyways and dis...
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria ad Martyres, better known as the Pantheon, and admire the beauty o...
Take part to an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
Make your way Vineyarts cozy art studio on an afternoon in Rome, where you will be welcomed by a han...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Join us for a day tour to one of the world's most famous archaeological sites, the ancient city of P...
Why walk slowly through the historical center of Rome when you can zip through on a guided bike tour...