- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage - listed Ruins of Pompeii
- Hike around the summit of Mt. Vesuvius
- Admire the volcano that buried Pompeii for millennia
- Have lunch in a local restaurant and winery on the slopes of the volcano
- Live a memorable experience sampling wines born in the shadow of the volcano
Leave your accommodation in Rome in the morning, and hop inside your private vehicle with a professional English-speaking driver.
Relax on the journey south as your driver navigates the roads, and then explore the Ruins of Pompeii. The ancient city lay buried beneath pumice stone and ash for millennia after the infamous Mt. Vesuvius eruption of 79 AD. Learn about it as you explore the UNESCO-listed archaeological site with your local licensed guide (included) and wander amid preserved ancient villas, Roman baths and more (entry fees included).
Stop for lunch (included) in a local restaurant with taste of unique local wines, born in the shadow of the volcano. All guests visiting the winery are welcome to stay for an 'Italian style' tasting, held on the terrace overlooking the Mediterranean.
After lunch, head to Mt. Vesuvius, where you’ll be able to visit the volcano reaching an altitude of 1071 meters. From there, the crater can be reached on foot using a path that is 1200 meters long that will take you to the summit of the volcano.
At the end of the tour, the driver will take you back to your accommodation in Rome.
Tasting Menu (included):
- Antipasto appetizer with local products such as salami, provolone cheese, "casatiello" (a savory bread) and bruschetta with heirloom Piennolo tomatoes on bread baked in a wood-burning oven paired with Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio Bianco DOP (100% Caprettone), Rosato (100% Piedirosso) and Rosso (100% Piedirosso).
- Spaghetti made with durum wheat flour and tossed with a sauce made from heirloom Piennolo tomatoes and basil, paired with Lacryma Christi Riserva (80% Piedirosso and 20% Aglianico, aged in French oak barrels for 18 - 24 months).
- Pastiera Napolitana, a traditional dessert featuring sweetened ricotta, candied fruit and boiled wheat berries paired with Capafresca Spumante Rosato (100% Aglianico) and Acquavite di Albicocche del Vesuvio, a apricot distillate.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private guided tour in the language chosen at the time of booking
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Live commentary on-board
- Licensed local guide in Pompeii Ruins (available in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese)
- Pompeii Ruins entrance tickets
- Crater of Mt. Vesuvius tickets (included guide service)
- Lunch and wine-tasting
- Air-conditioned, fully-insured and licensed vehicle with permission to enter the historical centers of the towns
- Vehicle and driver at your complete disposal for the entire duration of the tour
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
Please provide the address of your hotel for the pick-up service, at the time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Prices per person.
- All tours may be modified and/or customized (even while on tour) to meet your complete satisfaction.
- It's possible also to accommodate celiacs, vegetarians and vegans with a special menu. Please make known a few days in advance if you have special dietary needs.
- The walk to the volcano summit takes approximately 1 hour.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible, not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions. Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please bring hat, sneakers or climbing boots, sunscreen, and water.
- Vehicles do not go to the top of the volcano, but will drop you off at an altitude of around 0.62 miles (1,000 meters).
Every day at 7.30 am
Admirez le coucher du soleil sur les toits de Rome et profitez de l'atmosphère romantique de la vill...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Découvrez l'amphithéâtre le plus célèbre du monde et revivez le glorieux passé de la Rome Antique av...
Commencez votre visite par une visite de l'une des plus anciennes églises de Rome, dédiée à Theotoko...
Participez à une tournée unique dans laquelle vous pourrez faire partie du public papal et voir le p...
Esplora il mercato locale e le storiche botteghe alimentari romane ed acquista i migliori ingredient...