Pristine Sistine Express: Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
- Enter the Sistine Chapel before the general public
- Skip the lines in front of St. Peter's Basilica to the cathedral
- Visit the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica in just 2 hours
- Listen to your expert, English-speaking guides' explanations
Our Sistine Chapel Express & St. Peter’s Basilica Tour is one of the best ways to experience the Vatican’s two busiest attractions without the crowds. Skip the line, early access tickets allow you to see these incredible sites before the majority of the crowds show up.
This is an express tour for those who have limited time but don’t want to sacrifice the quality of their experience. By taking you through the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica early in the morning, you will beat the crowds and experience these incredible sites in relative peace.
Your tour begins early, entering the Vatican Museums a full half hour before the common public. Before entering the Vatican Museums your guide will hand out visual aids to each guest with a legend for each of the key works of the Sistine Chapel. Using this as a reference point, your guide will brief you on some of the finer points of Michelangelo’s frescoes, and give you some tips on what to look out for. Then it’s into the Sistine Chapel to see for yourself.
After 30 minutes admiring the world-famous works of Michelangelo, your group will reconvene at the bottom of the room, where you’ll use a special door to gain direct entry to St. Peter’s Basilica. Only open to tour groups, this skip the line access could save you hours of waiting in the long security lines that form outside the main entrance to the Basilica.
We never run this tour with more than 15 people per group but regularly run it with fewer, so that you can always count on plenty of help and information from your expert, English-speaking guide.
- Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Skip the line and Early Entrance to the Vatican museums and St Peter's Basilica
- Entrance & Reservations Fees
- Visual aids to help navigate masterpieces of the Sistine Chapel
- Small groups of maximum 15 people
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Guided Tour of the Vatican Museums (except Sistine Chapel)
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Via del Governatorato, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
We meet just outside the green bar in the middle of Piazza del Risorgimento Square. This is the only bar/cafè located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescensio - close to Tram stop number 19. The closest Metro/Underground stop is Ottaviano.
- We advise our clients that St.Peter's Basilica may be closed during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will spend more time inside the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums. We are unable to provide refunds in this case.
- While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. As a result, we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on any of our group Vatican tours.
- Meeting Time: 7:45 AM
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
See the Vatican as it should be seen: without the crowds and with an expert local guide. This early-...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci, who was an artist, engineer, sc...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks...
Considered as the most ancient publicly owned museum in the world, Capitoline Museums are an importa...
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Explore the Renaissance city of Florence on a full-day tour from Rome. We will leave Rome to visit t...