Regional Italian wine and food tasting with expert sommelier
- Enjoy 6 Italian wines from locations throughout Italy
- Relish the experience in a dedicated tasting room
- Expand your horizons while learning to discover and fully enjoy the best Italian wines
Take a wine discovering trip around Italy without ever having to leave the heart of Rome, with this one-of-a-kind wine tasting experience. Your evening will take place in a specially designed ‘tasting library’ that will give you all the space and peacefulness needed to make your interaction with the sommelier and other guests a pleasant and unforgettable experience.
This wine tasting room offers you a perfect ambience with shelves of books lining the walls, olive oils, balsamic vinegar and wine. Live a moment of uninterrupted enjoyment.
Your sommelier and host for the evening is an industry expert, sought out by wine makers and mentioned in magazines, documentaries, and professional blogs. Throughout this tour, you will have his undivided attention as you taste wines and learn about the historic tradition of wine making. For 2 hours you will learn about the aromas and flavours of Italy’s best loved wines and you’ll discover some of the industry’s best kept secrets.
How do you know if a wine is standard or complex? What is going on when a wine critic says they detect notes of “Afghan roses” and “Russian leather”? How does one get “off the beaten path” and discover a new favorite? No matter what level of wine-knowledge you may have, there is something new to discover for everyone. Your guide will answer all kinds of questions, asked by you and the other guests, teaching your group how wine affects the tongue’s taste centers and what you can expect from different Italian regions. Your guide will fill you in on some of the wine-makers pursuit of excellence as opposed to the pursuit of profit.
Although wine is the star, you won’t want to underestimate the meticulously selected foods that will accompany each glass. Rich cheeses, succulent cured ham, and delicate salami are just a few of the regional delicacies you’ll taste, each with its own history and fame. The attention to detail and quality in this mix of wine, food, and fun on our unique Regional Italian Wine & Food Tasting with Expert Sommelier will make this one of the best experiences and most enjoyable stories to share when you get back home.
- Expert, English-speaking sommelier
- Small groups of 18 people or fewer
- Food: a selection of seasonal Italian specialties, such as buffalo mozzarella, salami, cheeses, and a selection of crostini (schiacciata with pesto, crostino toscano, bruschetta with rocket and pistacchiopesto)
- Beverages: 6 samples of wine
- Infants under the age of 3 are not permitted
- Children (ages 4-14): reduced rate
- Strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour
Via del Conservatorio, 58, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
On the steps of San Carlo ai Catenari church, on Piazza Benedetto Cairoli, 117 (near Largo di Torre Argentina). Starting from June 1, 2018, the meeting point will be at Rimessa Roscioli in Via del Conservatorio, 58.
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Friday, Saturday (according to season)
- Meeting time: 05.15pm
- Departure time: 05.30pm
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
The best way to visit Rome and its sights is to join this 3.5-hour group guided walking tour. Visit ...
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
With your children, discover the great accomplishments of the Ancient Roman Emperors at the Colosseu...
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...