Rome by night segway tour
- See Rome's monuments spectacularly illuminated at night
- Small groups of 8 people or less make for an easy-going tour
- Expert local tour leader will teach you how to ride a Segway
- Learn about the sights with a unique iPod presentation
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely transformed and are beautifully illuminated by the city lights, creating a festive, romantic and mysterious atmosphere throughout the area. Rome’s best-illuminated monuments are scattered around the city – making our Rome Night Tour by Segway the ideal way to see it all, from the Colosseum to the Trevi Fountain across the city, without getting stuck on a crowded tour bus.
Your experience begins at our office, conveniently located near the Colosseum. Your tour guide will provide all guests with reflective vests to ensure your safety on the roads after dark. You’ll then enjoy a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway. Within minutes you’ll realize just how easy and intuitive it is!
Your tour will start off in front of stunningly lit Colosseum. Locals often say the Colosseum is at its best at night, each archway is artfully illuminated with golden light. From here, your tour guide will bring you past glowing columns, ruins and ancient temples, leading onto Piazza Venezia and the grandiose ‘Wedding Cake of Rome’ or Vittoriano, build in honor of unified Italy’s first king.
Heading into the heart of the Eternal City’s historic center, we’ll stop at famous sights such as the sparkling Trevi Fountain, where we’ll toss a coin in to ensure a return to Italy. Piazza Navona becomes a carnival at night, filled with merrymakers, strolling couples, and gurgling, glistening fountains. At Campo de’ Fiori, the daily local market is replaced by bars, restaurants and cafés catering to boisterous crowds.
In order to best experience Rome’s nightlife, your tour guide will point out favorite local pizzerias, gelaterias and bars as you cover neighborhoods like Trastevere. You’ll be free to request a stop for a slice, ice cream or drink (not included), giving you ample time to sit and soak up the festive atmosphere. This is our most laid back tour. Depending on the group, your tour guide can personalize the itinerary to make sure everyone has an enjoyable time.
If you are looking for a fun, eco-friendly experience of Rome after sunset – our unique Rome Night Tour by Segway is perfect for you! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take to cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at our office near the Colosseum where a bathroom, free Wifi, water and cafe are available to all of our guests.
- Training and riding session
- Segway rental
- Tour leader
- iPod video audio guides
- Entrance tickets and inside visit to monuments are not included
- All monuments on this itinerary are easily visited from outside
- Extra hours
Via Marco Aurelio, 39, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
- Minimum age to ride the segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- It is not possible to enter the Colosseum and Roman Forum on a segway, and entrance tickets are not included
- All monuments are easily visited from outside
- Tour goes on rain or shine
- Daily departures at 7.30pm
- From 1 November to 28 February 6.00pm
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...
Your discovery of Rome's ancient history will start with you riding a comfortable trekking bike, gui...
Start by visiting the wonderful church of Our Lady of the Conception of the Capuchins. Your guide wi...
Rome is famous also for its beautiful squares, portrayed in many movies. Visit them in this guided t...
When the sun sets on Rome, another part of the city comes to life... an older and more mysterious Ro...
The Tour starts in Villa Borghese, at the end of viale Belvedere, where our staff will conduct an in...
Experience the beauty of Rome on board of a fun and eco-friendly electric car by Reanult. Get close ...
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip-the-line gro...
Due to the vast size of Rome’s historical district it is impossible to see all the highlights in a w...
Dalla Testa ai Piedi, situato a Roma, è un centro estetico all’avanguardia, moderno, che offre un am...