- Explore trattorias of one of the best foodie neighborhoods in Rome: the Jewish Ghetto
- Taste Roman foods, like charcuterie, Pecorino Romano, Supplì, and local wines and beers
- Make your own pizza in a real Roman pizzeria!
- Get hints and tips on how to eat well in Rome
Your tour begins in a place that is surprising to many but not to anyone who knows anything about the history of Roman Food: the old Jewish Ghetto. In the company of your expert foodie guide, you’ll pop into one of the neighborhood’s beloved trattorias and taste traditional, seasonal Roman starters as you learn how Jewish culture has influenced Roman food over 2,000 years.
Leaving the Ghetto, you’ll head to an artisanal cheese shop to learn the long history of local cheesemaking as you taste Pecorino Romano and other Italian cheeses over a bottle of local white wine. Pairing food and drink is very important to Romans so your next stop is one of the city’s most iconic delis to try the deep-fried mozzarella and rice balls called supplì with a glass of Italian craft beer. Craft beer in Italy? That’s right, Italians are some of the most enthusiastic brewers in Europe and their beer is just one of the many unexpected highlights of this experience.
Another is the encyclopedic range of charcuterie that you'll try at a nearby butcher. From salamis spiked with fennel, truffles or Barolo wine, to cured pork and a few surprises, you’ll enjoy a wide range of meats along with a nice glass of red wine.
Be sure to save some room because we have saved the best for last. After a quick tasting of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, you’ll step into the kitchen of a real Roman pizzeria and make your own pizza. The dough is already risen and waiting, so you’ll learn all about kneading out a (near) perfect circle, how to spread just the right amount of tangy tomato sauce, and the very important differences between Roman-style and Neapolitan-style pizza. Finally, you’ll do as the Italians do and take a comfortable stroll through the city, stopping for a cup or cone of gelato.
- Pizza-making at a central Rome pizzeria
- Olive oil tastings, balsamic vinegar tastings
- Cheese tastings
- Cold cut tastings (including Barolo and Truffle salamis)
- Wine Tastings
- Beer Tasting
- Tastings of typical Roman starters
- Expert local foodie to give you insider tips and tricks
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants 0-3 years are free of charge
- Child 4-12: reduced
Piazza Mattei, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
By the "Fontana delle Tartarughe" (the Turtle fountain). Piazza Mattei is locaded in the historic city center, between Largo Torre Agentina and the Jewish Ghetto
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- 01 March 2018 - 31 March 2018
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays- 4:45pm
- 01 April 2018 - 31 October 2018
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays- 4:45pm
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Don't miss the romantic atmosphere of past times of the Serenissima Venice! Join this sightseeing to...
Profitez de cette excursion romantique de 3 heures de marche en soirée et admirez le coucher de sole...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Durata: 3 ore circa Minimo partecipanti: 2 persone Tariffa: Euro 84,00 a persona - Pranzo o cena con...