Rome: twilight city stroll and gelato tasting
- Visit the most famous sites in Rome in just 2.5 hours
- See the historical Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps
- Walk from the beautiful Piazza Navona to the iconic Pantheon
- Sample a delicious and typical gelato in the heart of Rome
Coming to a city as (wonderfully) chaotic as Rome can be daunting. We want to give you a warm, Italian welcome and get you set up for the rest of your visit. Intimate groups of 15 people or fewer will guarantee easy access to your guide and the opportunity to ask anything you might want to know; from why Raphael is buried under the Pantheon, to where you can get the best pizza, or whether you should tip your waitress.
We’ll start our tour in Piazza Navona, less of a plaza than a grand outdoor art gallery. You’ll learn about the political intrigues surrounding Bernini’s Fountain of Four Rivers as well as some of the artistic in-jokes that he carved into the stone.
Next, we’ll head into our favorite site in Rome; the 1,900 year old Pantheon. In the early evening this marvel from Antiquity is much less crowded than during the day and your guide will take full advantage of the serenity to tell you about the history of the iconic dome.
After your visit of the Pantheon we’ll stop off for a scoop of gelato – Italy’s legendary answer to ice cream — included in the price of the tour. Next, we’ll stroll to the iconic Trevi Fountain. Your friendly, expert guide will explain the history and lore of the fountain before instructing you on how many coins to toss in depending on what wish you are hoping to fulfill (throw enough in and you might meet your soul mate!)
We’ll finish our evening stroll at the famous Spanish Steps. Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck fans will recognize this spot from ‘A Roman Holiday’ - here they bumped into each other.
- Piazza Navona
- Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers
- Pantheon (except on Sundays due to early closure)
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Small groups of max 15 people
- Gelato (1 per person)
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Viale della Trinità dei Monti, 1, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Meeting Point: In front of the Brazilian Embassy in Piazza Navona (under the Brazilian flag).
- Directions: The Brazilian Embassy is located in the Palazzo Pamphili building, which is a Palace facing the southern end of Piazza Navona close to the Fountain "del Moro". We meet just in front of the the Embassy under the Brazilian flag.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The Pantheon may be closed during special celebrations/festivities. If this occurs during your visit, your guide will give you the explanation from the outside.
- Departure time at 05.00pm (meet strictly at 04.45pm)
Are you looking for an original way to discover the Eternal City? Here’s a tour that combines a visi...
Meet your professional English-speaking driver and depart towards Orvieto: it's incredible how much ...
Restaurant La Reginella Kosher is located in the ancient heart of Rome, Jewish ghetto, with its quai...
Enjoy a panoramic tour of the coutryside surrounding Rome and discover the area known as the Roman C...
Depart from Rome for a day spent sipping wine and tasted the foods produced by locals in Calcata. On...
Modern Rome, the capital of Italy, has been said to have one foot in the past and one in the present...
Meet your private driver and depart towards the Southern part of Tuscany, Chianciano, and Montepulci...
Durata: 3 ore circa Minimo partecipanti: 2 persone Tariffa: Euro 84,00 a persona - Pranzo o cena con...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Every Wednesday people from all over the world gather to see Pope Francis in Rome. This time is rese...