- Understanding the confusing world of extra virgin olive oil with an international olive oil expert
- Discovering the magic world of olive oil and food pairing in a Gourmet restaurant, 2 Michelin Forks
- Tasting some of the best oils in Italy, learning about the different varieties just like wines
- Direct experience of olive groves and all the aromatic wild plants that grow amongst the trees
- Visit an archeological site, Ocriculum, with an olive oil port
- This tour also starts with only 2 participants
The tour starts at 10.45am (where specified at 9:30am from central Rome with a private transfer) at Magliano Sabina in the Sabine Hills at the Gourmet Resort Restaurant degli Angeli (2 Michelin Forks and one of the best restaurants in Lazio). You will be welcomed with a first tasting of olive oil on fresh homemade Focaccia bread together with a glass of Prosecco.
Johnny will then start talking about olive oil-making techniques and then the small group will take a short walk through the olive groves. Here our expert will explain how the trees are cultivated and point out the extraordinary variety of aromatic and edible wild plants that grow in the Sabina countryside famous for its excellent olive oils for the last 2,000 years.
We then proceed with an olive oil tasting where we sample at least 4 different oils by sipping out of little cups as professionals do or, if you would prefer, you can taste it on bread. After an in-depth introduction to the world of olive oil and its secrets enjoy delicious dishes prepared by Executive Chef Laura Marciani which are combined with selected olive oils. This a unique experience which it is almost impossible to find anywhere else in Italy…
After lunch you can buy some delicious gourmet specialities made by the owners of the restaurant and, of course, olive oil in their next door shop La Bottega delle Delizie.
To finish this fascinating day we visit a very special place nearby (by using your own car, private transfer provided for guests with option from Rome): Ocriculum which is an almost 2,000 year-old Roman archaeological site. On the banks of the Tiber river is the olive oil port where the Ancient Romans shipped the olive oils from the Sabine Hills to the Eternal City.
The tour finishes approx. at 5.00/5.30pm. Private transfer back to Rome city centre (where specified), arrival in Rome after 1 hour approx.
Note: the program may change if necessary.
- Full-day tour with your private olive oil-sommelier
- Professional testing and introduction to the world of olive oil
- Welcome aperitif and 4-course lunch including drinks at the restaurant degli Angeli
- Visit the Ocriculum site
- Transfer included - pick-up and drop-off - if the tour starts from Rome
- Additional service or other dishes and drinks as included in the tour package
Loc. Madonna degli Angeli, 1, 02046 Magliano Sabina (RI)
Option with private transfer from Rome: 9.30am in Via Marsala 82 near Termini train station central in Rome (in front of Hotel Aphrodite). Please meet us 15 minutes before departure time.
- Ristorante degli Angeli - directions here
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Wednesday and Friday
- Tour starts from Rome: 9.30am
- Tour starts at Magliano Sabina Ristorante degli Angeli: 10.45am
Admirez le coucher du soleil sur les toits de Rome et profitez de l'atmosphère romantique de la vill...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Vai alla scoperta del più famoso anfiteatro al mondo e rivivi il glorioso passato dell’Antica Roma c...
Inizia il tuo tour con una visita a una delle più antiche chiese di Roma, dedicata a Theotokos (Madr...
Partecipa a un tour irripetibile che ti permetterà di far parte del pubblico papale e di vedere il p...
Esplora il mercato locale e le storiche botteghe alimentari romane ed acquista i migliori ingredient...