Semi-private Vatican tour with St. Peter's Basilica and Sistine Chapel
- Gain access to the Vatican Museums before the general public
- See all the highlights of the Vatican including St. Peter's Basilica, the Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel
- Small group tour with only 12 people for a more intimate experience
Make sure your visit to the Vatican Museums is as relaxed and special as it should be with our early access semi-private Vatican tour. Enter early in the morning, before the general public are granted access and skip not only the line, but the rush inside too.
Our semi-private Vatican tour travels in groups of 12 people or less, so your guide is easy to hear and interact with. They’ll also have more flexibility to cater the tour to your group’s needs and interests. Having a guide in the Vatican Museums is invaluable, with over 2,000 rooms it’s impossible to see the entire collection and is a daunting task to face on your own. Our tour group travels a carefully planned route, seeing the highlights of this nine mile collection.
With commentary from your expert, English-speaking guide you’ll see the Pinecone Courtyard, the Hall of Maps, the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of Candelabra and the incredible Raphael Rooms. Listen as your guide brings these works of art to life for you, pointing out things you never would have noticed on your own and teaching you about the characters behind these great works.
A definite highlight of our tour comes when we visit the Sistine Chapel. Guided tours are not permitted within the Chapel, so your tour guide will have already filled you in on the details with the aid of photographs. Take some time inside this world-famous room to pick out the details you heard about, Michelangelo’s boneless self-portrait for example, in which he expresses to the world that he would rather be skinned alive than paint the Sistine Chapel again. As incredible as his work is, it must have been back-breaking, a fact you’ll understand all the better after you learn what it takes to create a fresco.
After getting our fill of the Sistine Chapel, we’ll exit by a special access door which leads us straight into St. Peter’s Basilica and past another long line. See the incredible altar and marvel at Michelangelo’s beautiful sculpture La Pietà, before heading outside to see St. Peter’s Square.
- Early, privileged, no wait access entrance into the Museums
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Skip-the-line entrance into St. Peter's Basilica
- Small intimate group of 12 people or less
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (6-18 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-5 years old): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, stairs and hills; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
- On Wednesday mornings & afternoons St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square. The Basilica is also subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
Operating Days: Monday - Saturday
- Meeting Time: 07:55 am
- Departure Time: 08:10 am
Atención: este tour está disponible en diferentes fechas y horarios en función del idioma selecciona...
Este tour combinado te llevará a conocer dos de los lugares de interés más importantes de Roma, el V...
Descubre las obras maestras de Roma en este recorrido por los Museos del Vaticano, la Capilla Sixtin...
RECORRIDO POR LA ANTIGUA ROMA CON COLISEO (duración: 3 horas)Pasa medio día descubriendo todos los s...
Visita el Vaticano con comodidad con este tour con acceso directo a sus principales atracciones, y u...
Compra tu ENTRADA SIN COLAS o ENTRADA SIN COLAS + AUDIO GUÍA al Coliseo con acceso exclusivo, a la h...
Si planeas visitar el Coliseo por tu cuenta, pero te gustaría evitar las largas esperas, ¿por qué no...
Si dispones de poco tiempo para visitar el Vaticano, no puedes perderte la Capilla Sixtina ni la bas...
Deleite sus sentidos con la comida y su turista interior con los puntos de referencia famosos en est...
Explora los aspectos más destacados de la Ciudad del Vaticano con esta visita guiada por los Museos ...