- Gain access to the Vatican Museums before the general public
- See all the highlights of the Vatican including St. Peter's Basilica, the Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel
- Small group tour with only 12 people for a more intimate experience
Make sure your visit to the Vatican Museums is as relaxed and special as it should be with our early access semi-private Vatican tour. Enter early in the morning, before the general public are granted access and skip not only the line, but the rush inside too.
Our semi-private Vatican tour travels in groups of 12 people or less, so your guide is easy to hear and interact with. They’ll also have more flexibility to cater the tour to your group’s needs and interests. Having a guide in the Vatican Museums is invaluable, with over 2,000 rooms it’s impossible to see the entire collection and is a daunting task to face on your own. Our tour group travels a carefully planned route, seeing the highlights of this nine mile collection.
With commentary from your expert, English-speaking guide you’ll see the Pinecone Courtyard, the Hall of Maps, the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of Candelabra and the incredible Raphael Rooms. Listen as your guide brings these works of art to life for you, pointing out things you never would have noticed on your own and teaching you about the characters behind these great works.
A definite highlight of our tour comes when we visit the Sistine Chapel. Guided tours are not permitted within the Chapel, so your tour guide will have already filled you in on the details with the aid of photographs. Take some time inside this world-famous room to pick out the details you heard about, Michelangelo’s boneless self-portrait for example, in which he expresses to the world that he would rather be skinned alive than paint the Sistine Chapel again. As incredible as his work is, it must have been back-breaking, a fact you’ll understand all the better after you learn what it takes to create a fresco.
After getting our fill of the Sistine Chapel, we’ll exit by a special access door which leads us straight into St. Peter’s Basilica and past another long line. See the incredible altar and marvel at Michelangelo’s beautiful sculpture La Pietà, before heading outside to see St. Peter’s Square.
- Early, privileged, no wait access entrance into the Museums
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Skip-the-line entrance into St. Peter’s Basilica
- Small intimate group of 12 people or less
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (6-18 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-5 years old): free
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, stairs and hills; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
- On Wednesday mornings & afternoons St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square. The Basilica is also subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
Operating Days: Monday - Saturday
- Meeting Time: 07:55 am
- Departure Time: 08:10 am
Note: this tour is available on various days and times of the year based on the language selected. P...
This combo tour takes you to Rome's two most important attractions, the Vatican and the Colosseum, i...
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Visit a world-renowned town in the vicinity of Rome with splendid villas and gardens, and discover V...
If you are based in Rome for your holiday, but don’t want to miss out on the beauty of Florence, thi...
Profitez de cette excursion romantique de 3 heures de marche en soirée et admirez le coucher de sole...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Take part in a once-in-a-lifetime tour where you can be a part of the papal audience and see the pop...