Sistine Chapel express and Vatican Museums ticket
- Enter the Vatican Museums 1 hour and 15 minutes before the general public
- With Fast Track access you won't have to queue
- Free to explore the Vatican Museums at your own pace until closing time
- A chaperone will take you as far as the Sistine Chapel and give you a map of the Museums
Early access to the Sistine Chapel is perfect for those who want to see this masterpiece without the crowds. By gaining access before other tour groups and the general public, you will be sure to experience it as it was meant to be. After your quiet Sistine Chapel visit you can choose to enter the Vatican Museums, wandering the Papal Palace on your own, seeing all there is to see on your own time and at your own pace. If time is short, you can fly on to the next sight on your list, content in the knowledge that you have seen Rome’s finest masterpiece.
Our Early Access Sistine Chapel group meets before the Vatican Museums open, skipping the long lines already outside and entering before anyone else. Visitors will be accompanied to the Sistine Chapel where they’ll be the first to enter, finding this incredible hall empty. Later in the day there will barely be room to move, but in the minutes before opening time, all is quiet.
After the Sistine Chapel, visitors can wander the Vatican Museums for the rest of the day free of charge – and with such an early meeting time, the day ahead is long. Your escort will leave you with a map and an introduction to the most important areas of the museums so you can get the most from your time with the Vatican’s nine-mile art collection.
City Wonders is currently the only tour operator to offer this special access, getting visitors into the Vatican Museums at 07.45am, 15 minutes ahead of other tour operators and 1 hour and 15 minutes before the general public. With no more than 20 people per group and a maximum of two City Wonders groups running per day, your Sistine experience will be as intimate as it should be.
- Access to the Vatican Museums 15 minutes before other tour operators and 1 hour and 15 minutes before the general public
- Access to the Vatican Museums until closing time
- Tickets to the Vatican Museums and all reservation fees
- An English-speaking escort to lead visitors to the Sistine Chapel
- Map of and introduction to the Vatican Museums
- Groups no larger than 20 people
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 6-18): reduced
- Infants (ages 0-5): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must not be brought on this service. The group will not be able to wait for those who need to check their baggage in the cloakroom.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Dark Rome cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter’s Basilica & Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience.
Operatign days: Monday-Saturday
- Meeting time: 07.05am
- Departure time: 07.20am
Please arrive at the specified meeting point ready for a prompt departure.
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Experience the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to ...
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an exper...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: priority dedicated entrance or priority d...
The Vatican Museums are an absolute must-see for tourists of any age coming to Rome, so if you’re wo...
Enjoy a St. Peter’s visit in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tablet...
When the sun sets on Rome, another part of the city comes to life... an older and more mysterious Ro...
Grazie all'accesso privilegiato (salta fila) ammirerai una delle più vaste collezioni di arte del mo...
Rome’s Museum of Contemporary Art, MACRO, was inaugurated officially in 2002 holding a permanent col...
A 2.5-hour tour for those who want to experience the treasures of Rome off the beaten path. You will...