You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater was ancient Rome’s center of public entertainment. Before entering, your guide will give you a complete history lesson about the site, including the gladiatorial clashes and wild-animal fights that were once staged here. Once you’re inside, you’ll wander remnants of the seating arcades that once fit more than 60,000 spectators. Next, the Roman Forum where you’ll explore the one time cultural, economic, and political center of ancient Rome. You’ll walk along the Via Sacra, tracing the paths of ancient military processions and political rallies. You’ll also see important sites like the Temple of Julius Caesar (where the emperor’s body was ceremonially burned), and the Curia Julia the still-intact Senate House where Cicero and Mark Antony once orated. Palatine Hill: where the twins Romulus and Remus first decided to begin building the city of Rome atop this impressive hill, you’ll understand why as you walk among its ruined emperors’ palaces and still-blooming botanical gardens.
History & heritage tours
Skip-the-line Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum tour
Availability: Every day
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Mobile voucher accepted
SKIP THE LINE
Do this because
- Explore the fascinating - and bloody - history of The Colosseum, the iconic amphitheater of ancient Rome
- Discover the hub of the ancient city, the Roman Forum - once home to bustling markets, festivals, temples, and senatorial debates
- Wander among the ruined emperors’ palaces and still-blooming gardens of Palatine Hill
What to expect
- Expert English speaking guide
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Audio headsets, if needed, so you can always hear your guide
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Child 6-17: reduced
- Infant 0-5: free of charge
Via del Monte Oppio, 10.
Meet and Greet representative office: Romaround.
What to remember
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please mind that extra closing times may occur with very short notice
- Be aware that even with skip-the-line entrance, lines may anyway occur due to security checks
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour
- All customers must be able to autonomously walk, climb and get off the steps
- Cancel up to 48h days in advance for a full refund
- Every day
- Guided tours in English: 10.00 am, 12.00 pm, 2.00 pm, 4.00 pm
- Guided tours in Spanish: 10.00 am, 2.30 pm
- Please be there 30 min before departure
- The tour ends at the archeological area of the Colosseum
Meet and Greet Italy
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.