Skip-the-line tour to Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel with Saint Peter's Basilica
- See the highlights of Vatican City on a 2.5-hour skip-the-line tour
- Admire Michelagelo’s masterpiece inside the Sistine Chapel
- Visit St Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Holy Caves at your own pace
Begin with the Vatican Museums, where you'll skip the line and start exploring the vast collections right away thanks to the reserved ticket that comes with this tour.
The Vatican Museum was founded in the 16th century by Pope Giulio II, and since then has been enriched by a large number of masterpieces through time. It is one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world, covering about 7 km (4,35 miles) of chambers and corridors.
You will be taken into the museum by a spectacular big spiral staircase. Inside you will find many masterpieces from different periods of time, from classical Greek art to Renaissance masterpieces of Michelangelo. Admire the statue of Laocoön and His Sons that is one of the most famous ancient sculptures. See Raphael's chambers that collect some of the best paintings of this famous artist - such as the Transfiguration, his last one.
View the major representatives of Italian art such as Leonardo, Perugino, Beato Angelico, and many more. Enjoy a view over the Vatican Gardens. You will be guided through the history and secrets of the Catholic Church and you will hear about the rivalry between the Renaissance artists.
Towards the end of this tour you will visit the beautiful Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece: The Last Judgement.
At the end of the tour your guide will escort you to have a privilege entrance for the Saint Peter Basilica. You will visit the Basilica at your leisure, without the guide. Inside you can admire some Baroque masterpieces and the breathtaking Pietà by Michelangelo. You can also enjoy a moment of reflection in the Vatican caves where many popes are buried, including Pope John Paul II.
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Children (aged 7-17)
- Infants (aged 0-6) : Free
Via Santamaura n° 21
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and the Vatican Museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Tour will not operate on religious holidays (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
- Estimated time entrance in the museum is 45 minutes after tour departure, because you will have to pass the security check
- Due to some difficulties in Sistine Chapel this tour is not wheelchair accessible
English tours operate on:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9.30
- Mondays to Saturdays at 11.00am
- Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays at 1.00pm
- Mondays to Saturdays at 3.00pm
Spanish tours operate on:
- Mondays to Saturdays at 10.30am
Discover one of the greatest art collections in the world on a 3-hour tour of the Vatican. With this...
Meet your guide and start your journey through the centuries. Walk past the often-long lines with yo...
Experience night-time around Rome guided by your private driver. Enjoy a romantic 2-hour panoramic t...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
Choose, according to your needs, between the SKIP-THE-LINE or SKIP-THE-LINE TICKET + AUDIO GUIDE wit...
On your combination tour experience art, wine and weed to supply you with a truly memorable, unique ...
Experience the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to ...
This tour offers an exclusive and unique intimate guided experience that will take you away from the...
This experience includes a double pass to visit St. Peter’s Basilica and the city of Rome.With the f...
This is the only package where you can select your personal time to directly head to Pompeii and enj...