Squares of Rome - Sunset Tour
- See the beautiful piazzas of Rome after dusk
- Watch the sunset over the "Eternal City" from Pincio Terrace near the Spanish Steps
- Learn the dark history of Santa Maria del Popolo
- Admire the paintings by Caravaggio
Watch the sunset across the romantic squares of Rome on a 3-hour guided tour of the city’s historic piazzas. Marvel at baroque fountains and statues, and learn the story of some of the city’s most important meeting points, such as Piazza Navona.
Meet your guide in Piazza del Popolo, formerly used for popular games and public executions, and now a lively space for concerts. Learn about the vision of its architect, Giuseppe Valadier.
Continue to Pincio Terrace to see the sunset over the rooftops of Rome. Marvel at the broad sweep of the Spanish Steps and Barcaccia’s fountain to a half-sunken ship. Next, go to the Trevi Fountain on Piazza di Trevi, and throw a coin in the pool according to tradition.
See the historic Pantheon on Piazza della Rotonda, built in 27 BC as a temple to all the gods of Rome. Wander over to Piazza Navona, built on the site of a Roman amphitheater. Experience “La Dolce Vita” of Rome around Bernini’s magnificent Four Rivers Fountain in its center.
End on Campo de' Fiori, dominated by the statue to the poet and philosopher, Bruno Giordano. Learn about his trial for heresy, and how he was burned at the stake at the medieval marketplace in the 16th century.
- 3-hour guided tour
- A licensed and professional guide
- Headsets to be able to hear your guide (if the group has more than 5 participants)
- Entrance to the Pantheon is not included (the site is closed to public at this time of the evening)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food & drinks
Meeting Point: Meet your guide in front of Santa Maria del Popolo Church, Piazza del Popolo. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Your guide will be holding a "Mea Tours" sign.
Winter time: please bring a rain coat or ombrella in case of rain.
Summer time: please bring water with you at all times.
The tour departs every day at 06:00 PM. It is important that all guests are at the designed meeting point 15 minutes prior tour departure for check-in. The tour starts from Piazza del Popolo at 06:00 PM and finishes at Campo de' Fiori at 09:00 PM.