St. Peter's Basilica and Dome self-guided tour with fast-track entrance
- Explore the St. Peter's Basilica at your own pace with a self-guided tour
- Reach the top of the Cupola - the highest point in the city of Rome
- Don't miss this temple of Christianity which hosts over 10 million visitors every year
You’ll be able to enter the Basilica via a fast track avoiding long lines. Once in the Basilica, the experience will include a digital audio guided tour of St. Peter's and its Dome.
St. Peter's Basilica, built in the Renaissance style with a central dome that dominates the skyline, is the primary temple of Christianity. As you enter the church, you’ll notice that its interior is much bigger than any other Basilica in the world.
Your 2-hour audio-guided tour provides the opportunity to visit the Basilica at your own pace. You can decide where to begin your tour whether it be in the heart of the Basilica beneath Bernini's altar or with the “La Pietà”, the masterpiece of Michelangelo Buonarroti or even at St. Peter's bronze statue.
You’ll then move on to the Cupola. The ticket is not included, but you’ll be guided to the cashier where you’ll be able to purchase your entrance. With the ticket in your hands, you’ll be able to take the Basilica’s elevator to reach the base of the Dome, avoiding 171 steps. From this point, you’ll have amazing views of the interior of the Basilica. However, you’ll still need to climb roughly 300 steps to the very top of the Dome, which is called “La Lanterna” (the Lantern). From there, you can admire spectacular views of the Eternal City that are not available anywhere else. Admire the Vatican Gardens, the roof of the Sistine Chapel, and the chimney used during the election of Popes.
- Audio-guided combo tour (Basilica and Dome)
- Reserved entrance to St. Peter's Basilica (entrance in the Church is free)
- WI-FI to download your digital audio-guide
- Earphones (bring your own or purchase them at the desk for €1.00)
- Ticket to the Dome to be paid at the Dome's cashier (€ 10,00 pp with lift – € 8,00 pp without lift)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Children (7-17): reduced
- Children (0-6): free
Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Facing the Basilica - on the right side OUTSIDE St. Peter's Square - just in front of the Vatican Post Office. Vox Mundi staff - wearing a blue jacket with Vox Mundi logo printed on it will wait for you in order to accompany you through a dedicated gate inside the Basilica
Starting November 1st:
the meeting point will be – facing the Basilica - under the right side colonnade (series of columns around the Basilica Square), just in the middle, precisely in correspondence of the Police barrier. Our staff - wearing a blue jacket with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it - will wait for you to accompany you, through a dedicated gate, inside the Basilica.
- The elevator brings you to the first level of the Dome. To reach the top you’ll need to climb approximately 300 additional steps
- This tour is not recommended for claustrophobic people, those who suffer from vertigo, have walking difficulty or are over 75 years old
- It is allowed to photograph
- If you don’t have a suitable device you can ask the staff at the welcome desk for a traditional audio guide. To collect the traditional audio guide you’ll be asked for a form of ID that will be held until the return of the device
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions or participants with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No personal food or drink allowed
- On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter's Basilica and Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience. Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation last entrance will be at 3pm
- The digital audio guide is available in Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 8.30 am, 8.45am, 9.00am, 9.15am, 9.30am, 3.00pm, 3.15pm, 3.30pm
- Wednesday, Sunday at 3.00pm, 3.15pm, 3.30pm
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...
Saturday 28 September 2019 Minù presents DREAMERS Apollonia Germano Ventura Dreaming is not a remedy...
Saturday 28 September 2019 Minù presents DREAMERS Lamache Jujet Dreaming is not a remedy, but the st...