- Visit a part of Rome that a few tourists ever see
- Descend to the catacombs of the Pomponius Hylas in the park of Via Latina
- Explore the architecture, sculptures, mosaics and amazingly intact frescoes
Visit one of the best preserved Roman graves in Italy on a 90-minute tour of the tombs of Pomponio Hylas, located near the Appian Way. You'll get exclusive access to the catacombs, discovered in 1883 by Pietro Campana.
Inside the Park of the Via Latina near the Appian Way, there are several underground burial chambers (columbarium) that date back from Roman times. Among these graves is a small and spectacularly preserved columbarium, discovered in 1883 by Pietro Campana. This columbarium is called Pomponius Hylas. As you descend into the small chamber, you'll be able to see its complex architecture, sculptures, mosaics, and amazing, well intact, frescos. A visit here is rarely taken by the average tourist and is truly a unique experience.
- Archaeologically-literate guide
- Tips and gratuities
- Transportation from hotel
Child (0-12): reduced
Via di Porta Latina, 12-14, 00179 Roma RM, Italy
At Park of Scipioni
- Please ensure you are able to walk and go up and down some stairs. This is the extent of the physical effort required for the tour.
- November-March: Friday 10.00am
- April-October: Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 11.00am
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Profitez de cette excursion romantique de 3 heures de marche en soirée et admirez le coucher de sole...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Durata: 3 ore circa Minimo partecipanti: 2 persone Tariffa: Euro 84,00 a persona - Pranzo o cena con...