The graves of Pomponio Hylas tour
- Visit a part of Rome that a few tourists ever see
- Descend to the catacombs of the Pomponius Hylas in the park of Via Latina
- Explore the architecture, sculptures, mosaics and amazingly intact frescoes
Visit one of the best preserved Roman graves in Italy on a 90-minute tour of the tombs of Pomponio Hylas, located near the Appian Way. You'll get exclusive access to the catacombs, discovered in 1883 by Pietro Campana.
Inside the Park of the Via Latina near the Appian Way, there are several underground burial chambers (columbarium) that date back from Roman times. Among these graves is a small and spectacularly preserved columbarium, discovered in 1883 by Pietro Campana. This columbarium is called Pomponius Hylas. As you descend into the small chamber, you'll be able to see its complex architecture, sculptures, mosaics, and amazing, well intact, frescos. A visit here is rarely taken by the average tourist and is truly a unique experience.
- Archaeologically-literate guide
- Tips and gratuities
- Transportation from hotel
Child (0-12): reduced
Via di Porta Latina, 12-14, 00179 Roma RM, Italy
At Park of Scipioni
- Please ensure you are able to walk and go up and down some stairs. This is the extent of the physical effort required for the tour.
- November-March: Friday 10.00am
- April-October: Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 11.00am
The best way to visit Rome and its sights is to join this 3.5-hour group guided walking tour. Visit ...
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
With your children, discover the great accomplishments of the Ancient Roman Emperors at the Colosseu...
Season 2018/2019 - Minù presents DJs ARE NOT SUPERHEROES Humility is always the best record a DJ can...