Discover the underground buildings and crypts of ancient Rome. You'll embark on a fascinating tour of the archeological layers that lay beneath the city and you'll have the chance to explore several burial chambers and various pagan sites, formerly used as burial grounds since it was forbidden to bury or cremate corpses in the city. In the course of your experience, you'll also get to explore some of the oldest and longest underground tunnels in the world. Depending on the chosen day you'll either be taken to Domitilla’s or Saint Sebastian’s or Priscilla’s Catacombs.
Tour of the Catacombs of Rome
Availability: Every day
Duration: up to 3 hours
Language: English , Italian , German
Printed ticket only
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Enjoy an afternoon in the mysterious underground streets of Rome and discover the legendary Catacombs
- Embark on a fascinating tour of the archeological layers that lay beneath the city
- Enjoy pick-up service from your hotel in central Rome
What to expect
- Pick up (only within the Aurelian walls) and drop off
- Guided tour
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Food and drinks
Pick up is included within the Aurelian walls. Please contact your local operator to confirm your pick up place and time.
What to remember
- Important: Depending on different closing days, you will visit Domitilla’s or Saint Sebastian’s OR Priscilla’s Catacombs
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Please note: pick up is included for all accommodations within the Aurelian walls
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Please remember that a lot of walking is involved: wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- This tour can only accommodate a maximum of 14 participants
Every day at 2:00 pm.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.