Unesco jewels - Pompeii and Naples full-day tour from Rome
- Visit the world-unique Pompeii, the Roman city buried by the Mount Vesuvius eruption
- Spend a day surrounded by culture, with a panoramic overview of the lively city of Naples
- Explore the haunting ruins of Pompeii, travelling back in time to the tragic days of 79 AD
Join this amazing journey through space and time in Pompeii, a unique document of Greco-Roman life. You'll begin your journey down the “Highway of the Sun”, passing through the famous Roman countryside, Castelli Romani. Your first stop is Naples, a world-renowned city home to incredible views of the Mediterranean, Mount Vesuvius, and countless historic sites. You'll enjoy a short sight of the city, the seashore and the gulf of Naples.
After stopping for a traditional Italian lunch, you'll make your way to the UNESCO Archaeological Site of Pompeii with skip-the-line tickets. You'll spend the afternoon exploring this once thriving city that was frozen in time by layers of volcanic ash. Pompeii remained buried under a layer of pumice stones and ash 19 to 23 feet (6 to 7 metres) deep. The city’s sudden burial served to protect it for the next 17 centuries from vandalism, looting and the destructive effects of climate and heavy weather. Explore the haunting ruins of Pompeii, travelling back in time to the tragic days of 79 AD. You'll learn how people lived in those times, visiting houses, bars and restaurants.
After your tour of Pompeii, you'll resume your trip through the Roman countryside, enjoying the scenery as you leisurely make your way back to Rome. Return in time to enjoy the rest of the night in Rome at your leisure.
- Pick-up in selected hotels in central Rome
- Roundtrip transportation
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Audio headsets (in Pompeii)
- Local tour guide (in Pompeii)
- Beverages at lunch, and any other meal not mentioned
- Optional gratuities
- Children (ages 3-7): reduced
Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri.
Please call 24-48 hours ahead of time to receive your pick-up time. Hotel pick-up may be as early as one hour prior to the beginning of the tour. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes before the pick-up time. If you're not staying at a centrally located hotel, please make your way to the church Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri (in front of the church, near metro stop Repubblica – metro A – and Termini Station – metro A and B).
- You can choose to take this tour in either English, Spanish and German
- French is only available from November through March
- Please note that language options are subject to availability
- Everyday at 07.30am. The tour ends around 09.00pm
- 06.30am - Hotel pick-ups begin
- 07.15am - Meet at Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri, if your hotel is not listed
- 07.30am - Depart for Naples
- Early Afternoon - Lunch
- Mid-afternoon - Explore Pompeii
- Evening - Drive back to Rome
Please note that entry to Pompei archaeological site will be free on:
- the first Sunday of the month from October to March
- April 25th
- May 8th
- June 8th
- October 24th
- December 24th, 26th, 31st
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...
Saturday 28 September 2019 Minù presents DREAMERS Apollonia Germano Ventura Dreaming is not a remedy...
Saturday 28 September 2019 Minù presents DREAMERS Lamache Jujet Dreaming is not a remedy, but the st...