- Skip the long lines to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Learn the history of the Imperial Forum as you walk past the ruins of ancient temples
- Marvel at masterpieces by Michelangelo and Raphael in the Vatican Museums
- Discover ancient maps of the world in the Gallery of Maps
Travel back to the days of emperors and popes, and see the highlights of the papal collections on a 2-part, 6-hour tour of Rome.
Start your full-day tour at the Arch of Constantine, and journey through Ancient Rome as you travel back to the days of the Roman Republic. Explore the vast Colosseum (Flavian Amphitheatre) to experience up-close the greatest arena the Romans built. Your guide will bring 2,000 years of history to life, telling stories of the ferocious battles between man and beast put on for the delight of Roman citizens.
Then, follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors on a walk through the Imperial Forum. Learn how it was once the center of religious, political and commercial life in Rome. Hear the history of the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina. Learn the story of the Tabularium. Go to the Temple of Hadrian, now incorporated into a building in Piazza di Pietra, where you can see the original Roman street level below ground.
End your morning tour at the Pantheon, the majestic temple of all gods. Commissioned by Marcus Agrippa in 27BC, its massive interior and inlaid marble floors is home to a burial site since the Renaissance times, where the tombs of Raphael and the kings of Italy can be found.
Following a break for lunch, go to the Vatican Museums to discover the world’s most precious art collection. Skip the long lines to enter the museums, and tour in a group of no more than 12 people for a more intimate experience. Collected by popes over many centuries, the collection includes works by Michelangelo, Raphael, and Bernini.
See Michelangelo’s legendary frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. Go to the Octagonal Courtyard to look at the Belvedere Apollo statue. Discover Greek and Roman masterpieces in the Pio Clementino Museum. Wander through the Gallery of Tapestries to see Flemish tapestries by Raphael’s pupils. Marvel at works by ancient cartographers in the Gallery of Maps.
Then, go inside St. Peter's Basilica to see more masterpieces by Michelangelo, Raphael, and Bernini, including Michelangelo’s “La Pieta” beneath the dome of the world’s largest church.
- A licensed and professional guide.
- 6-hour guided tour (3-hour tour in the morning and 3-hour tour in the afternoon)
- Entrance fees to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Vatican Museums
- Food and Drinks
- Children (ages 0-5): reduced rate
- Children (ages 6-17): reduced rate
- Students: reduced
- Meet your guide at the Arch of Constantine, at the side of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- If you are coming from the "Colosseo" Metro Station, the meeting point is across the street on the right hand side beside the Arch of Constantine
- If you are coming from Via San Gregorio, the meeting point will be on the left hand side by the Arch of Constantine
- For the afternoon Vatican City tour, the meeting point is on the corner of Via Sebastiano Veniero and Via Leone IV
- Entrance fees to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Vatican Museum should be paid direct to your guide at the beginning of the 1st part of the full-day tour
- Entrance fees to the Colosseum are EUR 15 for those aged 18 years old with a valid ID, and EUR 3 for those under 18 years with a valid ID
- The entrance fee for the Vatican Museums is EUR 23 per person. Students under 26 years old with a valid student card and ID are entitled to a reduced admission fee of EUR 16 per person. All others guests under 18 years old, the entrance fee is EUR 16 each with a valid ID
- Please note that St. Peter's Basilica is closed 07.00am-01.00pm on Wednesdays due to the Papal Audience
- Knees and shoulders must be covered at all times throughout your visit
- St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public on the 24 and 31 December
- Groups of 13 people max
- German and English tours start at 09.30am
- French tours start at 09.00am
- In the afternoon English, German and French tours start at 02.00pm
Buy your Colosseum skip-the-line tickets with a dedicated entrance, at the selected time. Meet your ...
Experience a different point of view over a city suspended between history and legend. Hop on your r...
You’ll enjoy a unique experience while all is still silent and the throngs of tourists have yet to a...
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an exper...
Get away from the touristy crowds in the Vatican! Join your private guide and discover stories about...
Do you only have a couple of days in Rome? To make the most of your stay, this Rome walking tour cov...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
If you had only one day in Rome, this is the tour you’d take to see it all. A combination of our mos...
Take advantage of a three-day ticket to visit four of the most important museums in Rome. - Start yo...
The City Sightseeing® Roma Pass package is an exclusive City Sightseeing® offer that allows you to u...