Vatican full-day tour with Major Basilicas including St. Peter's
- A traditional pilgrim route covering the four major basilicas of the Vatican
- Bypass long lines into both the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- See the Raphael's Rooms and the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- Visit Peter's, St. John of Lateran, St. Paul Outside the Walls and St. Mary Major
- Visits the Holy Stairs, said to have been climbed by Jesus himself
Join us on this special day-long journey, a pilgrimage to the four major basilicas of the Vatican – the most important churches in the world, all contained within the city of Rome – and an exploration of the famous works of masters such as Michelangelo and Raphael in the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- The day begins with No-Wait access to the Vatican Museums, past the long lines to enjoy more time inside. An intimate morning tour of no more than 25 people with an expert English-speaking guide will bring the world’s most incredible art collection to life, providing the background behind each stroke of the brush. Visit the Raphael Rooms and other treasures before arriving at the highlight of the tour, the Sistine Chapel.
- From here, you’ll be escorted through a special door, straight to St. Peter’s Basilica. Stand in awe at the largest Church in Christianity – guardian of St. Peter's tomb, Michelangelo’s Pietà and Bernini’s immense Baldachin. This experience is worth the trip alone, but the incredible journey does not end here.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is one of only four major basilicas in Rome – the other three being St. Paul Outside the Walls, St. John of Lateran and St. Mary Major, and you’ll visit them all via private air-conditioned coach.
- After St. Peter’s, we’ll take a nice, relaxing break for lunch before heading to the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here lie the remains of St. Paul amidst an intricate display of 5th Century mosaics.
- From here, we’ll take you to Basilica of Saint John Lateran, an imposing Roman cathedral and the seat of the Pope as Bishop of Rome. Built by Constantine before Saint Peter's, it is actually the most important church in Rome.
- Then you’ll visit the 28 white marble steps said to be climbed by Christ during the passion – the Holy Stairs. Though time does not allow for going up all of them, you are welcome to take the first step, say your prayer and feel the incredible energy of this location.
- Our next stop is the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, home to beautiful mannerist sculptural decorations, stunning 5th century mosaics, enchanting frescoes and Bernini’s tomb.
Follow in the footsteps of emperors, saints and popes as you as you explore these incredible houses of worship and museums – long considered to be the most important in all of Christianity.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Skip-the-line access to St Peter's Basilica
- Fast track (no wait) access to the Vatican Museums
- Entrance into the four churches and to the Holy Stairs
- All transfers in an air-conditioned coach bus
- Audio headsets, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transfer between tours
- Child (2-18): reduced
- Infant (0-1): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The Tour Operator coordinators will be wearing special polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition. You will receive more details about the meeting point after booking.
- Entrance into the Vatican Museums and the basilicas requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accomodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Meeting time: 08:15am
- Departure time: 08.30am
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Every Wednesday people from all over the world gather to see Pope Francis in Rome. This time is rese...
Let the Eternal City enchant you as you stroll through its picturesque cobblestone alleyways and dis...
On this half day tour, you'll get to visit the highlights of Rome by minivan, which will drop you of...
Choose, according to your needs, between the SKIP-THE-LINE or SKIP-THE-LINE TICKET + AUDIO GUIDE wit...
Dine in a typical, local restaurant in the Trevi area, then enjoy a leisurely walk in Trastevere, th...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Experience the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to ...
Enter the Colosseum (just a quick security check) and start your tour. You can visit the ground leve...
In this cooking class, you will prepare together with your cook the authentic Italian homemade pasta...