- A 3-hour private, guided tour to see the best the Vatican has to offer
- Save valuable time with the special skip-the-line ticket included
- Decide with your guide which areas you want to spend more time in
- Organize the tour according to your needs
With this Skip the Line Private Vatican Tour, you will have the time and flexibility you want to experience areas of the Vatican Museums, how long you want to spend in the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica in a way and at a pace that suits you. Having your own personal guide means you will set the agenda for your tour. This Vatican Tour promises to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Sites Visited: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Square.
Your private tour starts with a Skip the Line Access at the Vatican Museum. You are able to pass the general access lines where people often wait for several hours. You will have the chance to explore places such as the Pinecone Courtyard, the Hall of Maps, the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of the Candelabra and the incredible Raphael Rooms. Your guide will bring these halls and works of art to life by telling you stories about the artists behind the masterpieces and pointing out important details you could miss on your own.
Experience the Sistine Chapel like no one else. You will be able to have an enriching experience with your personal guide. They will point out all the details and give richness to the experience by sharing with you history you may not know. For example, Michelangelo’s boneless self-portrait he painted was to express that he would rather be skinned alive than paint the Sistine Chapel again. As incredible as his work is, it was a backbreaking feat of willpower – a fact you will understand after learning what it takes to create a fresco.
St. Peter’s Basilica
With Skip the Line access you will go to St. Peter’s Basilica through a VIP entrance. Here you will see the incredible altar and marvel at Michelangelo’s beautiful sculpture, La Pietà, before heading outside for a tour of St. Peter’s Square. Your guided tour finishes here, but you have the option to see and explore more! You can admire Bernini’s clever optical illusion, spot the balcony where the Pope delivers his public addresses and take scenic photographs.
- No Wait Access, VIP partner entrance into the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica
- The Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Dedicated, expert tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Children 0 – 5 years old: free (strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour).
Viale Vaticano, 98, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition. The closest metro stop is on line A (red line): Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended. Entrance into the Vatican Museums requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- On Wednesday mornings & afternoons St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience.
- The Vatican Museums are among the most highly trafficked sites in the world. With over 5 million visitors in 2011 and numbers rising year-on-year, the museums give rise to a whole new meaning of the word “crowded.” Be aware that the museums are very busy by nature.
- Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Note: This tour has multiple departure times. The guest must select only one departure time on the calendar when booking, and times are not interchangeable.
This service ends at St. Peter’s Basilica in St. Peter’s Square at around 1:00 PM for the morning tour and 5:30 PM for the afternoon tour.
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
The Vatican hides so many treasures that it makes sense to visit it the smart way: skipping the line...
Feel like a local as an Italian chef welcomes you to a private Roman apartment, teaching you how to ...
Meet your guide and start your journey through the centuries. Walk past the often-long lines with yo...
Profitez de cette excursion romantique de 3 heures de marche en soirée et admirez le coucher de sole...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Take part in a once-in-a-lifetime tour where you can be a part of the papal audience and see the pop...