Venice from Rome by high-speed train with St. Mark's Basilica
- Explore St. Mark's Basilica, the Bridge of Sighs and Rialto Bridge
- Skip the line to St. Mark's Basilica and admire its golden mosaics up close
- Experience the city with a private water taxi cruise for a transfer from the train station to Rialto
If you are based in Rome for your holiday but don’t want to miss out on the true taste of Venice, this is the ideal tour for you! By using the high-speed train, you'll travel comfortably and swiftly to maximize your time in this iconic city on the water.
You’ll start your discovery of Venice with a 2-hour guided tour on foot: as you weave your way around the twisting back streets, cobbled courtyards and small arched bridges, your expert guide will regale you with tales from Venice’s colorful past.
Head straight into St. Mark’s Basilica with your local expert guide, where you’ll uncover the diverse treasures inside, including the dazzling golden mosaics adorning its domed interior and ceilings. Climb up to the famous terraces. Rarely included on guided tours, they offer beautiful views over St. Mark’s Square and the Venetian rooftops beyond.
You’ll then start your discovery of Venice with a guided tour on foot. You’ll stroll across the church and palace-lined piazzas of Campo SS Giovanni e Paolo and Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where Byzantine, Renaissance and modern elements fuse together their timeless portraits of the city, and also glimpse the fabled Bridge of Sighs, said to be named after the sighing prisoners as they were escorted across the canal to the cells of the adjacent prison. You’ll walk by Marco Polo’s house and hear about how the Venetian merchant set off to sea one day.
You'll then have about 3 hours to enjoy Venice independently. Your guide will offer local advice on the best restaurants you can try for lunch, or you may want to sample the famous cicchetti: similar to tapas these are best enjoyed with a glass of Prosecco.
After your free time, you will be free to either take a vaporetto to come back to the train station (tickets are included), or just walk. Then, we board our speed train for our return to Rome.
- Skip-the-line access to St. Mark's Basilica
- Water taxi experience on Grand Canal
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (2-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): free
Piazza dei Cinquecento, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
At Piazza dei Cinquecento, facing the main entrance of the Termini train station, the meeting point is located on the far left just outside the entrance
- The service concludes in Rome Termini train station
- Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to departure time, in order for our City Wonders representative to provide train tickets and accompany you to your seats on the train. Late arrivals won't be eligible for a refund
- Please note that kids between 0-1 years old don't have a reserved seat on the train
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. St. Mark’s Basilica specifically prohibits large bags, umbrellas, and tripods. These items must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site, so you may miss a portion of the tour to do so
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff
Saturday, Monday, Thursday
- Meeting Time: 06:15am
- Departure Time: 06:30am
If you are planning to visit the Colosseum on your own, but would still like to skip the long lines,...
Don't miss the romantic atmosphere of past times of the Serenissima Venice! Join this sightseeing to...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
The breathtaking Sorrento Coast is a must see on any trip to Italy. Spend a night outside the city f...
Make your way Vineyarts cozy art studio on an afternoon in Rome, where you will be welcomed by a han...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: priority dedicated entrance or priority d...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an exper...
Escape the Eternal City on a day trip to the ruins of Pompeii and Naples. Relax in a comfortable shu...
This is not a common tour of the most important and famous parts of Rome. You won't see the Colosseu...