VIP Vatican tour with exclusive breakfast experience and Vatican Museums
- Exclusive, one-of-a-kind tour with early access
- Enjoy an exclusive Italian – American buffet breakfast in the peaceful Pinecone Courtyard
- Guided tour of the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
- Small group of 17 people or less
Have the Vatican to yourself on this exclusive, one of a kind early morning tour that opens closed doors for a buffet breakfast in the peaceful Pinecone Courtyard – before anyone else enters the Museums! A true exclusive privilege.
While the general public waits outside, you'll feast on an Italian-American buffet of pastries, meats, cheeses, hot food and pancakes made on the spot. In the beautiful Pinecone Courtyard, you'll experience a level of tranquility rarely seen by visitors to the Vatican. This is the Vatican Palaces as they were made to be seen – without the crowds.
After breakfast you'll follow your tour guide into the Vatican Museums. Only just opened to other tour groups at this stage (still closed to the public), the Museums will be quieter than they are throughout the rest of the day – and with only 17 people max per group, you'll have time and space to appreciate the art.
On your guided tour, your expert, English-speaking guide will show you all the best of the Vatican collection. You'll see ancient cartography in the Gallery of the Maps, visual illusions in the Gallery of the Tapestries and marvel at the Raphael Rooms. Raphael’s frescoes are said by many to rival the beauty of the Sistine Chapel. Of course, we won’t forget that highlight, as we visit Michelangelo’s world-famous ‘Last Judgment’ and ‘The Creation of Adam’ in the Sistine Chapel.
With Skip the Line Access you won't have to wait before the next leg of our Vatican adventure. Your guide will lead you through a separate entrance to St. Peter’s Basilica where they’ll give a guided tour of Michelangelo's Pieta and the incredible altar among other works in the world’s largest historic Basilica.
This tour is the first time in history that the Vatican Museums has allowed members of the public to enter so early – not to mention with a buffet breakfast – and City Wonders Tours is the only tour operator to offer it. Add to this early Museums access, small group sizes and a dedicated tour guide and you have easily the most relaxing way to see the Vatican Museums.
- Buffet breakfast inside the Vatican Museums
- 2.5 hour, guided tour of the Vatican Museums
- Guided visit to St. Peter's Basilica
- No wait access to the Vatican & Skip the Line access to St. Peter's Basilica
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 17 people or less
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 6-18): reduced price
- Infants (ages 0-5): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
- On Wednesday mornings and afternoons St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter's Square. Customers who wish to visit St. Peter's Basilica are advised to travel on another day. The Basilica is also subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour. While we undertake to tell tour groups ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to Basilica opening hours, this is not always possible and in these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. The Tour Operator cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
- In the case of bad weather, the breakfast portion of the tour will be indoors and not in the Pinecone Courtyard.
- The Vatican Museums are among the most highly trafficked sites in the world. With over 5 million visitors in 2013 and numbers rising year-on-year, the museums give rise to a whole new meaning of the word “crowded.” Our tour routes are designed to minimize exposure to crowds as much as possible, but be aware that the museums are very busy by nature.
- Meeting time: 06.35am
- Departure time: 06.50am
Please arrive at the specified meeting point ready for a prompt departure.
If you'd rather visit the Vatican Museums on your own without a guided tour, but still want to skip ...
Meet your guide at the top of the stairs of St Mary of Aracoeli Basilica and start your amazing jour...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci, who was an artist, engineer, sc...
Considered as the most ancient publicly owned museum in the world, Capitoline Museums are an importa...
Home of one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age, the Ara Pacis is an alter built in h...
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Welcome To Rome is a fascinating and surprising show spread over 5 rooms and dedicated to Rome: you ...
Take an evocative, fascinating tour down the Appian Way, one of the first streets in Rome. The Ancie...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...