Vittoriano Terrace and Capitoline Museum tour
- Marvel at the historic monuments of Ancient Rome
- Explore the Capitoline Museum and the Ara Coeli
- Visit the Capitoline Hill and Vittoriano's Terrace
- View the fantastic panorama of Rome and the balcony where Mussolini spoke
- Admire the Altare della Patria
Visit the Capitoline Museums, a group of art and archeological museums in Piazza del Campidoglio, on top of the Capitoline Hill in Rome, Italy. See the collections of ancient Roman statues, inscriptions, and other artifacts; medieval and Renaissance art; and jewels, coins, and other items.
Then, head to the Basilica of St. Mary of the Altar of Heaven, a titular basilica in Rome located on the highest summit of the Campidoglio. Still the designated Church of the city council of Rome it uses the ancient title of Senatus Populusque Romanus, and the present Cardinal Priest of the Titulus Sancta Mariae de Aracoeli is Salvatore De Giorgi.
From there, continue on to the Piazza Venezia, called the central hub of Rome because several thoroughfares, including the Via dei Fori Imperiali and the Via del Corso intersect there. It takes its name from the Palazzo Venezia, built by the Venetian Cardinal.
One side of the Piazza, see Italy's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in the Altare della Patria. This is part of the imposing Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, first king of Italy. The piazza, or square, lies at the foot of the Capitoline Hill and next to Trajan's Forum. The main artery, the Viale di Fori Imperiali, begins there and leads past the Roman Forum to the Colosseum.
Between the Forum and the Campus Martius, admire one of the Seven Hills of Rome, Capitoline and see the Piazza del Campidoglio and the surrounding palazzi created by Renaissance artist and architect Michelangelo Buonarroti from 1536–1546.
- 3-hour guided tour
- Professional guide
- Headsets (for groups of more than 6 people)
- Admission fees for the Capitoline Museum €15 for Adults, €10,50 for Youth, €3,00 for children
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop off
- Youth (18-25): reduced
- Child (7-17): reduced
- Infant (0-6): free of charge
For reductions please present the ID national card
Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma RM
Meet your guide near the Arch of Costantine, side Palatine Hill
- Please note that at the meeting point you have pay the admission fees (15€ for Adults, 10,50 for young and 5€ for a child)
- All those under 18 years old must bring a valid ID with picture to prove the age
- All those over 65 years old from any European country, must bring a valid ID to be able to have free admission fees.
- This tour operates with a maximum of 20 guests
- Good walking shoes are suggested. Bring a rain coat and/or umbrella during the winter. In the summer, sunscreen is recommended, as well as an umbrella for shade, and drinking water
- Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
- At 9.30am
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Our pink buses are on the move all day long and will take you to the city’s most important monuments...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...
Saturday 28 September 2019 Minù presents DREAMERS Lamache Jujet Dreaming is not a remedy, but the st...