Discover Saint Petersburg: 2-day shore excursion
- Discover the elegant "Venice of the North" on a guided tour available in several languages
- Visit the Hermitage, Catherine's Palace and the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
Two days discovering St. Petersburg
Mother and stepmother of artists, poets, philosophers and revolutionaries, St. Petersburg is a city that enraptures every traveler with its charm and time-honored elegance. If one day sounds too short to get completely immersed in the city's scenery and canals, this two-day tour is the perfect choice for you.
- Coming from the sea, the first thing you'll notice is the buildings' delicate and ethereal outlines. We'll start with a panoramic tour to get comfortable with the grandeur of this city.
- How many times have we heard of the artistic beauty preserved at the Hermitage? Now we are here, in the Winter Palace, one of the many buildings housing the endless collection of the Empress Catherine the Great. Between one painting and the other the guide explains that the museum has branches all over the world.
- All this art has built up an appetite. The guide will take us to a restaurant for lunch.
- Let us visit the city outskirts: the guide takes us on a trip to admire the gardens at Peterhof Palace (Peter the Great' palace), one of the Seven Wonders of Russia. It's a majestic series of buildings surrounded by parks and fountains, overlooking the Baltic Sea, which is also known as the Russian Versailles.
- The first day ends with a relaxing cruise: we'll cruise the Neva by gliding on its icy waters, exploring canals, islands and bridges of the so-called "Venice of the North".
- By the beginning of the second day we are already feeling like tsars, perfectly at ease at the Catherine Palace, the summer residence of Russian rulers. Built in Rococo style and expanded several times over the years, today it boasts an impressive 325-meter facade! And there's more: inside the palace we'll find the famous Amber Room, a humble room decorated with six tons of amber, gold leaves and mirrors.
- Coming to our senses we remember that we're not actually czars, and we realize it once we mingle with the St. Petersburg subway crowd. You'll find that the subway is an attraction in itself, thanks to the magnificent stations which sometimes stand out as true underground palaces.
- Before focusing on Russian sacred art we'll stop at a local restaurant for lunch.
- Then we'll visit the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood. Don't let the name by which it is known scare you: in fact, it is the Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ and, needless to say, it is beautiful.
- Finally we'll visit St. Isaac's Cathedral, one of the symbols of St. Petersburg. Here we'll part ways before returning to the ship.
- Panoramic tour (with photo-stop)
- Hermitage (inside tour pre-set by the museum's management)
- Peterhof Park (gardens)
- Catherine Palace (inside)
- Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood (inside)
- St. Isaac's Cathedral (inside)
- Cruise on the Neva
- Local restaurants for lunch
Why buy shore excursions with Musement?
- Because a multilingual guide is guaranteed (Italian, English, French, Spanish and others)
- Because a small group experience is more personal than a large group tour
- Because ours is a real Shorexc (with capital S)
- Multilingual guides (Italian, English, French, Spanish)
- Admission fee to the visited sites
- Transport from/to the port
- Visa (tour-ticket mandatory to visit St. Petersburg)
- Anything not mentioned under "Included"
- Two lunches at local restaurants
- Children aged 7 and under: free
Unnamed Road, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 199226
Meeting point: the guide will be waiting for you right after custom control. The tour begins 45 minutes after the arrival of the ship. Warning: remember that it is mandatory to go through customs control in St. Petersburg.
- It's recommended to bring a sweater and wear comfortable shoes.
- In order to avoid excessive crowds at some points and depending to the closing days of visited attractions, the order of visited locations may vary.
- It's not allowed to wear shorts and sleeveless shirts. Knees and shoulders must be covered during the visit to places of worship.
- Photos are allowed inside the visited museums and palaces provided that the rules are respected, which prohibit the use of flash, tripods and professional cameras.
- IMPORTANT: Current laws allow departures from the St. Petersburg port only to visitors who have booked one or more tours and present a Tour-Ticket, which replaces a visa, during the passport check at the terminal. We'll take caree of the Tour-Ticket, but to do so we need some data about each tour participant. For this reason, during the reservation process, you'll find a simple form to be filled in with the following data: nationality, passport number, full name, date of birth. Once we receive this information, we will prepare the Tour-Ticket and send it to you by e-mail before the departure. For these reasons, it is only possible to purchase this tour within 15 days prior to the tour date.
- Please note: if the minimum number of tour participants is not reached, the customer will be offered an alternative booking date or a full refund.
- The tour is available on the day cruises arrive in the harbor and at the times determined by the cruise company
This small group city tour shore excursion in Saint Petersburg lets you see the city's highlights in...
During your Petersburg Shore excursion, you'll enjoy a two-day small group tour that visits all the ...
During your walking tour of Saint Petersburg you'll stroll the city with a guide who will show you i...
At the 'Feel Yourself Russian' folk show at Nikolayevsky Palace in Saint Petersburg, you'll grow mor...
During your four-hour join-in small group tour of the Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg, you'll skip...
Explore imperial residences on this day tour of Catherine Palace and the Peterhof gardens. If you on...
Your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel to bring you to the Tzar's Village (Tsarskoye Selo...
Discover stories of the Russian Imperial family and aristocracy on a visit to two former Imperial su...
Start the first day with a panoramic ride along the streets and granite embankments of the city in a...
During your day tour of Saint Petersburg you will be able to see all the top highlights of the city,...