Feudi di San Gregorio is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an association of the finest wineries across Italy offering exclusive wine tastings, boutique hotels, Michelin-starred restaurants and unique activities dedicated to wine lovers and a luxury clientele. TGWT Mark of Excellence is the very first Italian certification of quality distinguishing high standards in wine tourism hospitality.
The Feudi di San Gregorio wine estate is nestled on a gentle hilltop along Via Appia, between Sannio and Irpinia, in an area called San Gregorio. Established in 1986, the winery is now a symbol of southern Italy's wine-making renaissance and of a genuine drinking culture, focused on rediscovering the innermost identity of Mediterranean flavors. Preserving traditions while also searching for all their unfulfilled potential. Valorizing Southern Italy's finest grape varieties such as Aglianico, Fiano di Avellino and Greco di Tufo, investing in the soil and ancient traditions of Irpinia's viticulture, rebuilding a future for a unique environmental heritage.
Inaugurated in 2004, the new cellar is the result of a long research process, even before being a futuristic architectural project involving world-class professionals. Japanese architect Hikaru Mori had the difficult task of giving architectural unity to the existing structures built over time. Massimo and Lella Vignelli, world-renowned symbols of Italian design and 'authors' of the estate's labels, have designed the furnishings and the interiors.
In unique and evocative venues, such as the crystal cellar suspended between the barriques, the aromatic herb garden, the rose garden, the lobby and the Marennà restaurant, stories, emotions and sensory experiences take shape in order to contribute to the culture of good wine.
There are plenty of suggestions for those who want to visit the cellar or take part in a tasting of wines and local products. Furthermore, there's an exclusive area for your business meetings: the elegant and comfortable conference room, endowed with state-of-the-art technical equipment.
Marennà, a starred restaurant, is the utmost expression of Feudi di San Gregorio's hospitality culture.
Marennà, from the Latin word 'merere', evokes something to be deserved, a hard-earned and therefore tastier refreshment. For Feudi di San Gregorio, Marennà means fine cuisine.
Marennà also stands for the culture of eating well, a place where the sophisticated details, the elegant ambiance, the warm hospitality and the open kitchen render your visit a true sensory experience: Chef Paolo Barrale awaits you.
- Winery tour + tasting of 1 wine (your choice, including Reserve wines)
- Winery tour + tasting of 3 wines (your choice, including Reserve wines)
- Winery tour + tasting of 3 wines (your choice, including Reserve wines) + pairing with local Irpinia cold cuts, cheeses and baked specialties
- Light lunch: a tour of the cellar, a selection of cheeses and cured meats, first course or soup or a main dish accompanied by a side dish, dessert, 3 wines to pair with the meal (also available to groups)
- Dinner or lunch at Marennà: private tour of the vineyards and the cellar (1 hour), aperitif, a welcome dish from the chef, 3-course meal, predessert, pastries, 3 glasses of “Selezioni” to pair with the meal
- Vini Unici option: private tour of the vineyards and the cellar (1 hour), aperitif, a welcome dish from the chef, a 4-course meal, predessert, pastries, 4 glasses of Vini Unici to pair with the meal