Guided walking tour of Old Town in San Diego with Tortilla's and Tequila
- Explore San Diego’s most historic neighbourhood
- Gain a unique insight into Mexican culture in the region by exploring the Old Town’s original adobes, shops, and church
- Sample handmade tortillas from authentic tortilla makers and try an authentic street taco
- Choose from a vast selection of tequila varieties at an authentic tequileria that boasts a collection of thoursands in its museum
As the birthplace of California, Old Town San Diego has seen its fair share of history. Today, it’s also widely regarded for its restaurants, margaritas and souvenir shops. And we’ll get to sample all four things on this cultural foodie tour!
We’ll start our exploration in the town centre and then wander through an open-air mercado loaded with authentic imported crafts and artwork. Best of all, your guide will be able to help you differentiate the authentic from the imitation – no bad souvenirs on this tour! You’ll also be treated to handmade tortillas, a world-famous dish that dates back to before Columbus landed in North America.
After your short shopping detour, you’ll take in more history and view original adobe buildings, including one noted as the finest home in Mexican California. Not only will you gain insight into how people lived back then, but you’ll also hear how a work of fiction from 1884 saved the house from destruction, and cemented the Old Town’s solid reputation as a tourist destination.
We’ll continue the tour outside of the State Park to view one of the oldest brick buildings in Southern California, best known for the ghosts who haunt it, followed by a stroll through a landmark cemetery with graves dating back to the 1850s.
By now you might be thirsty, so we will take a brief walk to a local tequileria boasting a collection of thousands of bottles. Here you will learn about the many different types of tequilas and be treated to a taste of one of the best tequilas in the world. (This sample is included as part of your tour price, but you may instead choose a margarita, beer or another beverage of your choice).
We’ll bid adios here, but feel free to linger over another drink, or dig into some great Mexican food. Or, if you want to keep moving, you can continue shopping and exploring this great San Diego neighborhood.
- Local English-speaking guide
- One handmade tortilla
- One shot of tequila (or a margarita, beer, or soda of your choice), chips and salsa and one street taco
- Additional food or drink
- Children (6-11 years old): reduced price
- Children under 6 years of age are not allowed on this tour
2660 Calhoun Street, San Diego
Meet at the flagpole in front of the Cosmopolitan Hotel in the town square.
- Once you receive your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point
Jump on board the world-famous America for a once-in-a-lifetime Whale Watching experience. Experienc...
San Diego Speed Boat Adventures is a fully narrated 13-mile tour of the Big Bay. The witty yet histo...
This tour takes you about 50 minutes away from San Diego to Southern California's wine country. On t...
On your San Diego harbor cruise, you will explore the San Diego coastline. Cruise by famous landmark...
Experience San Diego's wonders from another perspective while having a delightful three-course-meal ...
Hop on board a yacht and head out to the open ocean for an unforgettable experience. You will have a...