Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge to Beach walking tour
- Take the ferry and visit the infamous Alcatraz Island with an audioguide
- Tour SF from the bridge to the beaches, the swish neighbourhoods and beyond
- Explore the rich history of the San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Capture scenic photos on a leisurely walk along the rugged coastline from the Golden Gate Bridge to Land’s End
- Discover the secret trails and mingle with the locals at play in this beautiful part of San Francisco
Visit Alcatraz and discover some of San Francisco's best sites with this incredible combo. Take the ferry to Alcatraz and discover the marvelous prison for yourself, with an audioguide to give you all the info and facts you need!
The following day, join a local guide for an experience you'll never forget on this San Francisco tour that takes a truly unique trail through this legendary city. Local history? Check. Beautiful sunsets? Check. One of the most incredible bridges in the world? Check. Let's do this!
Your San Francisco city tour starts with a walk out onto the Golden Gate Bridge, where you will have fantastic views of the city skyline as your leader shares some local history about this world-renowned landmark. You'll start with a gentle hike by strolling away from the bridge and along the Pacific Coast while pelicans soar overhead and barges and sailboats glide into the bay. During your hike, the bridge will often come back into view so that you can really get to know it from all different angles - so don't forget your camera!
Along this rugged coastline, you'll enjoy breathtaking cliff top views of the crashing surf from lookout spots such as Land’s End and Eagle’s Point. This San Francisco coast tour will take you along Baker Beach to put your toes in the surf, and here you can mix with locals taking a break from city life or chat with fishermen casting lines.
Next, you can take a break from beach life by climbing the steps into San Francisco’s most exclusive neighborhood where you will stroll among mansions, manicured gardens, and fine architecture. After, you will drop back down to the Pacific’s edge to explore the ruins of Sutro Baths. Dating back to 1896, the baths are the remains of wealthy entrepreneur and former San Francisco mayor Adolph Sutro’s creation and at one time the world's largest indoor swimming pool establishment.
Finish this San Francisco tour off perfectly as you watch the sun sink down on the Pacific after your tour ends.
- Alcatraz ticket: entry to Alcatraz Island and self-guided audio tour (in English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Mandarin, Korean and Cantonese)
- Walking tour: local English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food or additional drinks
Alcatraz departure point is at Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing, San Francisco. The walking tour departure point is at the concrete sitting benches in front of the Bridge Cafe, located across from the Welcome Center in the Golden Gate Bridge Southeast Visitor Area.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The date you choose during booking is the date of your Alcatraz visit
- You must provide the names of all participants in your party (as they appear on government issued ID) during booking in order to receive Alcatraz tickets
- Check in at the GROUP SERVICES window at least 60 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time
- If incomplete information is provided you will not receive tickets, or a refund
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry. Adult guests who do not have ID will not be able to collect tickets
- You may leave Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last departing ferry is usually 6:30pm
- All Alcatraz tickets are issued as 'Adult' tickets
- Once you receive your voucher, your booking is confirmed. The tour date is at 1.30pm the day following your Alcatraz visit. If you would like to change the date of the walking tour you must contact the provider directly via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- Dress standard: The weather along the coast can change quickly. Please wear layers, comfortable walking shoes, and be prepared for cool, damp weather if forecasted. Recommended to carry water and snacks. Trip will run rain or shine, so be prepared with rain gear!
- Please choose the desired time for your Alcatraz visit (see calendar)
- The walking tour will take place the day following your Alcatraz visit at 1.30pm
- You may change the date of the walking tour at least 48 hours prior by following the directions on your voucher
Visit Alcatraz and see all the best sights of San Francisco on the Premium Big Bus bus tour with thi...
Your guide will meet you near the landing for Alcatraz ferries and give you two separate tickets. On...
Day 1 - Alcatraz day tour and Aquarium:Take the ferry to Alcatraz and see amazing views of the Golde...
How can a Muir Woods tour be better? Combine it with a Sonoma Wine Country tour and a trip to Alcatr...
Does the phrase “team building” inspire eye rolling and general skepticism from your workplace colle...
Cruise through San Francisco and bike across the Golden Gate Bridge on this family-friendly tour! Yo...
On this self-guided tour, friendly staff will provide you with a map and detailed route suggestions ...
Cruise along San Francisco’s breathtaking waterfront, under the majestic Golden Gate Bridge, and loo...
You could spend days wandering the lantern-covered streets of Chinatown, but this hour-long tour has...
The San Francisco wharf and waterfront segway tour is the most sensational way to see the city - gli...