This is the perfect tour for anyone who wants to go behind closed doors and take an intimate look at the history of San Francisco and its inhabitants. Your day begins at Lafayette Park where you’ll meet your small group of 20 people and take in a slew of different Victorian mansions from the outside, including the famous (and jaw-dropping) Spreckels mansion. After a few pictures of the fantastic views over San Francisco Bay, you’ll pass some of the famous row houses and learn how much money it takes to afford your own slice of a San Francisco Victorian as you stop off at Cottage Row, a hidden street lined with homes that have stood here since the 1800s. Your next stop is the highlight of the trip. Your guide has secured special access to a privately owned Victorian mansion that has been lovingly restored and features a jaw-dropping private collection of Victorian artifacts and knick-knacks. The tour, which is guided by the home’s owner, is completely exclusive and it's the experience of a lifetime for any lover of Victoriana. Your final stop is the famous Alamo Square, home to the “Painted Ladies” which you will recognize from television and postcards. Approaching from the very best viewpoint, you’ll be able to take your own postcard-perfect pictures with this unforgettable backdrop.
Attractions & guided tours
Beyond the Painted Ladies: Victorian Home Tour of San Francisco with Exclusive Mansion visit
Availability: Every Mondays, Fridays, Sundays
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Do this because
- Step inside two of San Francisco’s most beautiful Victorian buildings and learn the histories of numerous others as you walk through the city
- Visit a fully restored mystery mansion that is home to a jaw-dropping collection of period-perfect Victorian artifacts
- Stand at the top of Alamo Square and take postcard-perfect shots of the iconic “Painted Ladies” row houses
What to expect
- Tickets to the Mystery Mansion
- Local Expert Guide
What's not included
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- Infants up to 1 years are free of charge
2015 Clay St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
Meet on the corner of Gough and Clay, directly in front of the home.
What to remember
- While we try to avoid extreme inclines and declines, due to San Francisco's hills as well as crowded city streets and unpaved pathways, guests with mobility limitations, wheelchairs, or strollers cannot be accommodated
- San Francisco is a notoriously chilly city with micro-climates. It is best to wear/bring layers for all of our tours, even at the height of summer
- From 31 March 2019 to 23 May 2019 and from 1 to 31 October 2019 Every Fridays, Sundays
- From 24 May 2019 to 30 September 2019 Every Mondays, Fridays, Sundays
Walks LLC - US
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.