You'll meet your guide at the statue of Joseph Strauss and he will introduce you to the bridge before stepping out onto it and immersing you in the story of its construction. As you examine the architectural aspects that are the secret to this superstructure’s existence, you'll discuss the man who designed them and the struggle he went through to bring his improbable plan to fruition. You’ll also hear some fun facts, like the difficulty of painting something so large, and who actually owns the bridge. Once you’ve seen it up close, you’ll climb to a vantage point that is popular among locals but little-known by visitors to enjoy some of the best views of the bridge, get some pictures, and learn about the climate and ecology of the bay. On most days, this will mean a personal meeting with Karl, the name given to the ever-present fog in San Francisco Bay. To end the tour, your guide will take you back down to the base of the bridge where he'll point out buses you can take to cross it or head back to the city center, but we recommend that you go the old-fashioned way, and take a walk across. On a nice day, there’s nothing quite like it.
The Golden Gate Historical Walk with Secret Bridge Viewpoint
Availability: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays,Saturdays, Sundays
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour 15 minutes
Do this because
- Enjoy a fully guided walk through the Golden Gate bridge
- Admire the views over the bridge from a special vantage point that is popular among locals but little-known by visitors to enjoy some of the best views of the bridge
What to expect
- Guided walking tour
- Expert local guide
What's not included
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge
Coastal Trail, San Francisco, CA 94129, USA
Joseph Strauss statue in Strauss Plaza, just past the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center
What to remember
- While we try to avoid extreme inclines and declines, due to San Francisco's hills as well as crowded city streets and unpaved pathways, guests with mobility limitations, wheelchairs, or strollers cannot be accommodated
- 31 March 2019 - 31 October 2019: Daily (except Tuesdays)
- Meeting Time: 10.45 am
- Departure Time: 11.00 am
Walks LLC - US
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.