Carrara Marble Quarries, Pisa and Lucca Tour from San Gimignano
- Experience the marble quarries on a 4X4 off road adventure
- Learn about ancient and modern excavation methods in direct contact with quarrymen in work day
- Experience the unique flavor of 'Lardo di Colonnata'
- Self-guided visit of Pisa and Lucca
Visiting Carrara marble quarries by 4x4 Jeep is an unforgettable experience. You will enjoy the charm of exclusive places otherwise inaccessible for visitors on their own. Top quality off road vehicles driven by our expert staff will lead you to an altitude of 900m where your will see breathtaking scenery. Moreover, you will be given detailed explanations about both ancient and modern excavation methods in direct contact with quarrymen in work days, while cutting marble or loading huge blocks on trucks. After that you will have a short break during which you will taste the unique flavour of the ‘Lardo di Colonnata’. Then you will reach an altitude of 1200m where you can’t keep your eyes off such a view.
Afterwards you will be driven to Pisa where you will visit the most renowned squares and monuments such as Piazza dei Miracoli with the Leaning Tower, the Cemetery and the Cathedral. Lucca is situated along the road that leads to the coast from Florence. It is a distinctive city of art and Renaissance style surrounded by walls, interrupted by beautiful gates and ramparts. You will have free time to take a walk along a section of the town walls to enjoy a wonderful view over the roofs, alleys, towers, churches and palaces. The tour continues with the visit to Piazza Anfiteatro, Guinigi Tower, St. Martin’s Cathedral and ends in the typical street of antique shops in the old town centre, where you will free time.
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Guided visit of Carrara marble quarries
- Lardo di Colonnata tasting
- Child 3-12 years old: reduced
- Infant 0-2 years old: free
Poggibonsi, Bus stop in Salceto (in front of Esso Gas Station)
- Please note, the tour will be activated with minimum 8 partecipants.
- We recommend hiking boots, a backpack with multiple pockets and sunscreen.
- Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
Wednesday and Sunday at 06:50am
Explore the beautiful wine region of Chianti on a half-day scenic tour from San Gimignano, and enjoy...
Spend a day riding along peaceful roads through the scenic, Tuscan hills on an original Vespa scoote...
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Tuscan countryside by vintage Fiat 500 on an 8-hour scenic...
A day amid art, culture, wine and delicious food. Do you fancy an unforgettable experience in the mo...
There is no better way than by bicycle to discover the beauty and richness of Tuscany, sharing in th...
The San Gimignano Pass is a combined ticket, valid for 2 days, which allows you to visit the Civic M...