Full day excursion to Tatio Geyser and Machuca
- Enjoy the most arid desert of the world
- See the impressive natural spectacle of steam combined with volcanic magma of the Tatio Geysers
- Take a visit to Machuca, a small herder’s settlement in the north of the country
You will be picked up at dawn from your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama. Depart towards the Altiplano, reaching an altitude of 4,320 meters above sea level, to visit The Tatio Geysers; one of the most important geothermal fields in the world.
Thanks to the extreme cold temperatures, you will be witness of different geothermal manifestations and its fumaroles that easily reach 10 meters high and the geysers up to 8 meters.
Finally, we will make a stop at the village of Machuca, a little town where the original Altiplanic architecture is reflected in the St. Santiago Church. Upon completion of your tour, you will be returned to your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
- Pick-up and drop-off from San Pedro de Atacama hotels
- Bilingual guide (English or Spanish)
- Passenger transport insurance
- Shared Service
- Entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
During check out, you will be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama for pick-up.
- On this tour, you will be more than 4,000 meters high. Not suitable for people with hypertension, children under 6 and pregnant. It is not recommended to take this tour on your first days of stay. You can leave it for your last day if your return flight is during the afternoon.
- The night before the excursion, eat a light dinner, without red meat and without alcohol. Temperatures always below zero.
- Wear warm clothing for geysers visit, comfortable shoes, swimwear, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, water, hat, and mineral water.
Leave your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama towards the Domeyko Mountains, where you will be able to en...
From your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama, head south to the Atacama Salt Flat, the biggest in Chile, ...
From your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama, you will head to the Toconao village, towards the Jerez Can...
Depart from your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama towards one of the most important archaeological site...
Depart from your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama, while heading by the international highway towards t...
No matter when you arrive, you can book this service without additional costs, providing your flight...