San Sebastián bike tour
- Get the best views of San Sebastián from the seat of a bike
- Ride along some of the 30 kilometres of bike paths throughout the city
- Explore one of San Sebastián’s oldest and most authentic neighbourhoods
- Head to beaches loved by locals and check out the raging surf scene
The tour will start at one of the most iconic buildings of San Sebastián: the town hall, Ayuntamiento. Before we take off, you’ll get to mingle with locals, check out the antique carousel, and learn quirky facts like why there are so many small trees in this area, and how San Sebastián is connected to Japan.
You’ll follow the bidegorri bike path along La Concha beach up to the palace of Queen Maria Cristina, before arriving at one of the most local beaches in the city: Ondarreta.
From there, the tour will take you to the end of the bay, where nature meets civilisation. You’ll discover some Basque modern art before veering through one of the city’s oldest, most authentic neighbourhoods and toward a “secret passage” that connects two parts of the city. You’ll ride through districts that show the many faces of San Sebastián, from the workers’ city to the aristocratic belle époque of the past as you follow the Urumea River back to the city centre, passing villas and bourgeois palaces. You’ll also discover one of the most important buildings of San Sebastian, Kursaal, a building that’s linked with a kind of dark past.
As your tour continues, you’ll get to enjoy the wild of the ocean and admire some brave surfers along Zurriola Beach, in the beautiful Gros district. You’ll head toward the port area.
You’ll ride back across the Monte Urgull battlefield and along the old city walls, and finish your adventure down the contemporary Boulevard that separates the Old Town from the new part of the city.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet rental
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for the guide
Mollaerdia 6 Street, next to the stairs of Portaviones building (white and red building next to marina)
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge, but must be seated on the back of a parent’s bike or in a trailer connected to the parent’s bike. Seats and trailers are available for an extra fee (trailers are suitable for up to 7 years of age, and seats are suitable for children from 9 months to approximately 3 or 4 years of age)
- Group size: maximum 12 people
- Ending point of the tour: Mollaerdia 6 Street, next to the stairs of Portaviones building (white and red building next to marina)
Daily at 10.30am
Enjoy a scenic hike from San Sebastian to the fishing village of San Pedro on a 4-hour walk, followi...
Spain is widely famous for its wines' high quality, and the cradle of these wines, the land that pro...
Climb aboard this distinctive red double-decker bus in central San Sebastian and begin a day of enri...
The delights of the French coast can be found close to San Sebastian. Lovely fishing villages like S...
Discover the Basque region that surrounds Bilbao called Bizkaia during a full-day trip from San Seba...
Feast on the best pìntxos in San Sebastian paired with local wines on this dynamic 6-stop pintxos to...