Santander coastal bike tour
- Discover by bike the most beautiful points at Bay of Santander
- Cross the spectacular Peninsula of La Magdalena
- Go along the nice coastline of the city cycle up to Faro Mayor
- Enjoy spectacular views
You will start the tour along the coast of Santander. You will then continue until the Cantabrian Maritime Museum and admire the beach of Los Peligros. The excursion will continue along the Magdalena Península, where you will make several stops to watch the beautiful Royal Palace of La Magdalena and later on the Museum of the Man and the Sea. At each stop the guide will make you a brief historical explanation related to the place.
You will continue the excursion towards the beach of the Camel where you will understand the origin of its name. You will then proceed towards Piquío gardens passing in front of the beach of la Concha, the Grand Casino and the first beach of el Sardinero. Afterwards, you will continue the Avenida de Fernández de Castañeda, after which you will have to cross some streets where there is no bike lane. When you arrive at the University School of Tourism Altamira the steep way to the Lighthouse will start (the last part of the way will be a bit steepy, and you will have the opportunity to go walking the hill up with your bike). Once at the lighthouse you will appreciate the beautiful landscape that offers the Mataleñas Park, and youy will have some free time to visit its museum or take something at the bar up there. Finally, you will start your way back to the meeting point.
- Official guide
- Bike rental (from the public city rental service)
- Bike tour
- Helmet and non-reflective vest
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to the monuments
Tour operator office at C/ Castelar, 49 -39004 Santander, next to Palacio de Festivales
- Group size: min. 4 max. 18 people
- The tour could be cancelled if weather conditions are not favorable
- The tour operator will use the public city bike rental service for the tour
- Minimum age required: 12 years old.
- The bike tour will go principally through bike and pedestrian riles, but you will also cross some streets without bike rail
- You should wear comfortable clothing and shoes and bring sun glasses, sun cream, a jacket and a bottle of watter
- Saturday at 10.00am
The Centro Botín is an arts centre designed by the Italian architect Renzo Piano, in co-authorship w...
You will visit the caves of El Castillo and Las Monedas in Puente Viesgo. Both are world heritage by...
Enjoy a relaxed afternoon visiting Comillas, a town that encompasses all of the elements necessary t...
You will leave from Santander towards Fuente Dé at 8.30am and you will arrive around 10.00 am. You w...
You will leave from Santander towards the mountains of Rionansa. You will go across valleys, forests...
You will leave Santander towards the village of Potes. To arrive there you will cross the impressive...