Ancient Akrotiri and Santorini wineries guided tour
- Let a professional guide take you around the ruins of the Ancient Greek marvel of Akrotiri and to three traditional Santorini wineries
- Hear the fascinating history of Akrotiri, uncovering the links between Plato's Atlantis and the ash-covered prehistoric town
- Learn about the unique winemaking process on the island and taste traditional Santorini wines
Learn about the fascinating history of Santorini on a guided tour of the Akrotiri excavations, a prehistoric town that was buried under the falling ash from the Minoan volcanic eruption 3,600 years ago. Some believe that this may be the origin of the mythical city of Atlantis, described in the scripts of the Greek philosopher Plato. Wander around the ruins and admire ceramic artifacts, frescoes and many other interesting objects, that were found under the ashes.
After the Akrotiri, your tour will continue to three traditional Santorini wineries. Visit the cellars to find out how wine is made from grape to glass. Taste 12 types of Santorini’s unique wines, and learn why the process of winemaking on the island is particularly special. Admire the unforgettable landscapes, and enjoy samples of local cheese and olives, together with the traditional wines, such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and the sublimely sweet Vinsanto wine.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your Santorini Hotel or Fira town (Cruise port)
- English speaking, archaeologist and wine expert guide
- Guided tour of the Akrotiri excavations and three Santorini wineries
- Wine tasting of 12 different samples of wine
- Snack plate with local cheese and olives alongside wine-tastings
- Mini wine-tasting tutorial of Greek wines
- All taxes
- Admissions and tasting fees at the excavations and the wineries
Hotel pick-up and drop-off are included. Organize your pick-up before the tour by contacting your tour provider. Instructions will be provided on the voucher.
- This is a small group (shared) tour, that can accommodate up to 8 people
- Duration: 6,5 hours. Exact duration may vary
- Tour is guided in English
- Departs from Monday to Sunday at 9.00am
- Starting time may vary depending on pick-up location
- Available from 1 April to 15 November
Fall in love with the beautiful landscape of white houses and blue roof tops. The village of Oia is ...
Learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture that produces some of the most crisp and seductively swee...
See Santorini in a day on this bus tour. Visit beautiful traditional villages, enjoy volcanic beache...
Formed by a massive eruption 3,500 years ago, Santorini's caldera is one of the Med's greatest natur...
Picture-postcard Santorini is just around the corner on this half-day tour around the island. You'll...
Sunsets and Santorini go together like the Eiffel Tower and Paris. Come dusk, the skies over the isl...