The Ancient Ruins and Diamondback Gulch Combo Tour is an adventure with both an exciting 4x4 trek and a look at a time when the Sinagua people called this area home. Your guide will meet you at the Pink® Jeep® Tour Plaza in Sedona. You’ll climb aboard a custom-built, open-air Jeep Wrangler. Don’t forget to wear comfortable shoes for the 40-minute walk to reach the Honanki Heritage site once you arrive at the Ancient Ruins site. To start the tour, your guide will take you past Sedona’s most iconic red-rock formations. After arriving in the Coconino National Forest, head down the remote Greasy Spoon trail. This section of an original wagon route between Sedona and Prescott dates to a time before Arizona was a state. Continue to Sidewinder Trail and see how the rocky terrain falls into Diamondback Gulch—a deep ravine that slices through the land. Then it’s on to Ancient Ruin, where you’ll learn about the Sinagua people. You’ll see primitive remnants where they lived and worked from 600 AD until the 1400s. Explore the Honanki Heritage site, a 700-year-old cliff dwelling where the Sinagua made their home. Learn how they farmed and hunted, their trading system with other tribes—and how they vanished in the early 1400s. At the end of the tour, you’ll journey back through the forest to Sedona.
Ancient Ruins and Diamondback Gulch combo tour
- Take a steep descent into Diamondback Gulch, a ravine created eons ago
- Visit the Honanki Heritage site with cliff dwellings created by the Sinagua people
- View centuries-old pictographs and petroglyphs
- See an active archeological dig site
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips (optional)
- Child (2-12)
204 N State Rte 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336, USA
Check-in is 30 minutes prior to your tour departure time. All Sedona tours depart from our office which is located at 204 N. Highway 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336.
- The booking minimum is two passengers
- Face mask required
- This tour is not recommended for those with mobility issues or who are pregnant
- Tours operate rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, Pink® Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions
- Any tour canceled by Pink® Adventure Tours will receive a 100% refund
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Arizona law requires car seats for children up to 5 years and under 40 pounds. Car seats are provided
Daily: On the hour from 9.30am to 1.30pm
This interpretive adventure begins as you travel in a cutting edge Jeep Wrangler through spectacular...
Take a day trip from Sedona to tour Horseshoe Bend and Lower Antelope Canyon. You'll have lunch at s...
You’ll start at Pink® Jeep® Tour Plaza in Sedona. Your guide will meet you in an open-air Pink® Jeep...
Our Touch the Earth Tour is a way to harmonize your energy with the earth or bask in the beauty of i...
Experience views on this two-hour Scenic Rim Tour. You’ll climb high in elevation and see wild backc...
On the Coyote Canyons tour, wildlife, scenery and photo ops are plentiful during this Sedona outback...