Half-day tour of Sintra from Lisbon with transport for small groups
- Discover one of the most stunning spots in Portugal
- Visit Pena and Queluz palaces, Sintra village and Cabo da Roca
- Customize the itinerary to your interests
Visit top attractions in the Sintra area on a guided tour from Lisbon. Admire UNESCO-listed Pena Palace, a major achievement of 19th-century Romanticism, Queluz Palace, one of the last great Rococo monuments built in Europe, and much more.
Spend half a day visiting Sintra, the capital of 19th-century Romanticism and one of the most picturesque destinations in Portugal. Grand architecture, ancient palaces, gardens, and centenary trees await you on this tour.
You have a choice of landmarks and attractions that can be worked into a 4-hour program:
- Pena Palace: one of the major expressions of 19th-century Romanticism in the world. The Palace is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the 7 Wonders of Portugal.
- Sintra village: well known for its many 19th-century architectural treasures. The village has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
- Castle of the Moors: taken by Christian forces from the Moors after the fall of Lisbon. The medieval castle was an important strategic point during the Reconquista, and classified as a National Monument, part of the Sintra Cultural Landscape, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Guincho Beach: known for its favorable surfing conditions. This is a popular beach for surfing, windsurfing, and kitesurfing.
- Queluz Palace: one of the last great Rococo buildings to be designed in Europe, the Palace was conceived as a summer retreat for Dom Pedro of Braganza, later to become husband and then king consort to his own niece, Queen Maria I. It served as a discreet place of incarceration for Queen Maria as her descent into madness continued in the years following Dom Pedro's death in 1786.
- Azenhas do Mar: a seaside town in the municipality of Sintra.
- Cascais and Estoril: former fishing villages that became royal getaways. Today they are among the most attractive destinations for the Portuguese and foreign elite thanks to an abundance of boutiques, restaurants, hotels, beaches, and much more.
- Cabo da Roca: the most westerly point in continental Europe. From the clifftops, you’ll enjoy fantastic views of the beaches and the sea. From the road near the coast, you’ll have scenic views of the glamorous towns of Estoril and Cascais.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children 0-12 years old: free
- Youth 13-17 years old: reduced
Pick-up from your hotel in Lisbon
- Infant seats are available on request
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Your guide will not enter the monuments with you
- Group size: min. 2 max. 8 people
- Daily at 9.00am
Join our half-day Pena Palace & Sintra tour and discover the secrets that make Sintra a World herita...
Come and discover the magnificent village where the Royal Family used to live during the summer!We i...
Brimming with history and charm, Lisbon is waiting to take you on a journey back to the age of disco...
Get a new perspective of Lisbon from on board a luxurious yacht on a 2-hour sunset cruise from Belém...
In this private tour, we leave Lisbon towards the Alentejo Region and arrive at Évora one of the old...
Embark on a spiritual journey to Fátima, one of the world’s most important Catholic pilgrimage sites...
This private guided tour will start from your hotel in Lisbon, you will head out of the city towards...
Trade the buzz of the city for a peaceful fishing trip in the plentiful waters off the Atlantic coas...
The Lisbon Bike Tour is an easy, relaxed tour: it does not have any climb, so it’s always descending...
See and taste your way through the city on this adventure packed Lisbon tour. With historical highli...