Best of Naples with Archaeological Museum day trip from Sorrento
- Enjoy a guided tour of Naples as you walk past the jewels of this one-time capital of a vast kingdom
- Take a break in a historic cafe to enjoy the famous sfogliatella with the most famous coffee in the world
- Guided tour at the Archaeological Museum, with unique pieces coming from Pompeii and Rome
You’ll be transferred from Sorrento to Naples by air-conditioned coach, to then start your 2 hours city tour at the monumental Neptune’s Fountain. In a short space of time, you'll be at Castel Nuovo or the ‘Maschio Angioino’, one of the most important symbols of Naples, dominating the Municipio Square, and immediately set the tone for the tour by displaying Naples’ royal character.
Your walk continues by the San Carlo Theatre, the oldest continuously used opera house in Europe, and the iconic Umberto I shopping-gallery, an Art Deco masterpiece of iron and glass, which displays unparalleled creativity and elegance.
You'll stop at the monumental Piazza del Plebiscito, with its fascinatingly domed church, before taking a break to enjoy the best sfogliatella in town, a local pastry with delicious orange flavored ricotta cream. The perfect pairing involves a cup of local coffee. Coffee culture is almost a religion in this part of the world and your guide will entertain you explaining all the rituals that the locals love to practice, before savoring their favorite drink.
You'll continue through the little backroads around Via Chiaia, getting a feel for the modern way of life in the city, while you'll mix with the locals.
Finally, catching your first glimpse of the sea, you’ll walk along the pleasant lungomare promenade to reach the final highlight of the tour, Castel Dell’ Ovo. This medieval castle provides you with amazing views over the bay of Naples, Mt. Vesuvius and the famous islands of Capri and Ischia.
You'll end the morning city tour on a panoramic terrace, where you have time to take in the essence of the city from above - the perfect photo opportunity to capture the beauty of Naples!
After some free time, you'll take 1.5 hours guided tour of the magnificent Archaeological Museum in Naples, considered one of the most important classical museums in the world, particularly for its rich collection of Roman art. The Farnese collection coming from Rome displays an impressive range of marbles and Roman statues, such as the famous Hercules and the Farnese Bull, the largest statue recovered from antiquity. The mosaics are the other highlight of the museum: recovered from Pompeii and the neighboring towns, they show the extraordinary skills that the artist developed with this technique, showing invaluable insights not only into crucial historical events but also into everyday life at the time.
We end our visit at the Archaeological Museum, where our bus will pick us up for our return journey to Sorrento.
- Entry ticket to the Archaeological Museum of Naples
- Round-trip from Sorrento to Naples in air-conditioned bus
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transfer between tours
- Child (2-14 years old): reduced
- Infant (0-1 years old): free
Piazza Angelina Lauro, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
In Piazza Angelina Lauro, on the side of the square bordering with the Corso Italia street
- Please note there is no transfer included between the Best of Naples tour and the Archaeological Museum tour.
- The Best of Naples section of the tour ends at Castel dell'Ovo. The Archaeological Museum section of the tour ends inside the Archaeological Museum
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- Your City Wonders guides will have a City Wonders sign with the name of the tour at the meeting point for easy recognition.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff.
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- Meeting Time: 08.15am
- Departure Time: 08:30am
Drive along the Amalfi Coast taking in spectacular views, rolling hills, and quaint towns, see the s...
Inspired by the popular Three Tenors in Concert performance by L. Pavarotti, P. Domingo and J. Carre...
Set off from Sorrento for a relaxing day experiencing the natural beauty of Capri on this private 6-...
Spend an unforgettably beautiful day cruising along the Amalfi Coast on this 6-hour private boat exc...
Departing from Sorrento, we will head to Meta passing through the small towns of Sant’Agnello and Pi...
Your private driver for the day will escort you to this unforgettable tour discovering Pompeii and t...