Pompeii and Vesuvius with skip the line and pizza lunch from Sorrento
- Take a tour through the ancient city of Pompeii with an expert, local guide
- Enjoy an authentic Neapolitan pizza lunch
- Visit Mt. Vesuvius and take an optional hike to the crater
This Pompeii and Vesuvius tour is the best option for travelers who plan to visit these famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites from Sorrento. This tour includes all the entrance fees to Pompeii and Vesuvius, Skip the Line Access and carefully selected expert guides. Don't forget there's also a delicious Neapolitan pizza lunch!
You will be driven directly from Sorrento by a private, air-conditioned bus to Pompeii, where you’ll meet your official, licensed Pompeii tour guide. Traveling in groups of 25 people maximum, you’ll explore examples of every building in Pompeii – from homes to bath houses, and fast food stores to outdoor theaters.
Follow your expert local guide as they recreate the hustle and bustle of this once-busy port town, explaining what each building was used for, where families ate their meals, did laundry and socialized – and where sailors went when they docked. They’ll recreate the final days of Pompeii as you examine the harrowing death casts present. Your entertaining and knowledgeable guide will ensure that your Pompeii visit is as enjoyable as it is memorable.
Afterwards, your group will drive a short way to perhaps the most dangerous volcano in the world – a title held for the 3 million people living around its base today. Just over a half-mile hike up Mt. Vesuvius from the parking lot below, the crater offers the most stunning view of the Bay of Naples below and a taste of the utter devastation caused when it exploded in 79 AD.
Finally, you’ll get back on the coach and return to Sorrento, enriched with the visual and historical wealth that is Pompeii.
- Entrance ticket and reservation fees for Pompeii excavation site
- Entrance ticket for Mount Vesuvius
- Authentic Neapolitan Pizza lunch
- Transportation during the day
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food/beverage (not mentioned in the inclusions)
- Child 2-14 years of age: reduced
- Infants under 2 years of age: free
Piazza Angelina Lauro, 22-41, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
On the side of the square bordering with the Corso Italia Street
- This tour ends around 5.00pm in Sorrento
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on this tour.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Meeting Time: 7.45am
- Departure Time: 8.00am
Drive along the Amalfi Coast taking in spectacular views, rolling hills, and quaint towns, see the s...
Inspired by the popular Three Tenors in Concert performance by L. Pavarotti, P. Domingo and J. Carre...
Set off from Sorrento for a relaxing day experiencing the natural beauty of Capri on this private 6-...
Spend an unforgettably beautiful day cruising along the Amalfi Coast on this 6-hour private boat exc...
Departing from Sorrento, we will head to Meta passing through the small towns of Sant’Agnello and Pi...
Your private driver for the day will escort you to this unforgettable tour discovering Pompeii and t...