The Turk in Italy at the Sydney Opera House
- Enjoy a ridiculous romp by the seaside with the finest comic talents
- Take in the stage set decked out in gelato colours
- Experience the Sydney Opera House
No trip to Sydney is complete without a visit to the Sydney Opera House, the city’s most famous building. And what better to do when visiting the Sydney Opera House than to spend a pleasant evening inside enjoying an opera performance.
A poet with writer’s block is searching for inspiration as he writes his story. The flirtations and furies of his little seaside Italian town are boring him, but things heat up when a handsome Turkish prince arrives in town.
Suddenly, Fiorilla finds herself torn between her boring old husband Geronio, her jealous young lover Narciso and the mysterious, dashing young Turk.
The Turkish Selim has problems of his own: how can he choose between the vivacious Fiorilla and the sad-eyed gypsy girl he once loved?
Perhaps a costume ball will help sort things out? (Because that always works!)
Suddenly, the poet’s story is a romantic comedy with all the ingredients for success: love, jealousy and mistaken identities.
Joan Sutherland Theatre, Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
- The performance lasts approximately 3 hours with an interval for you to enjoy a drink at the bar and enjoy the harbour view
- All performances have full English subtitles projected on a screen above the stage
- Tickets will be available for collection from the Sydney Opera House Box Office, one hour before performance commencing. Please be prepared to provide a form of photo identification bearing the same name as your booking
- 10 August at 7.30pm
- 15 August at 7.30pm
- 18 August at 12.30pm
- 23 August at 7.30pm
- 25 August at 7.30pm
- 28 August at 7.30pm
- 30 august at 7.30pm
- 1 September at 7.30pm
Set on the beautiful blue Sydney Harbour this fast paced city of cosmopolitan character is one of th...
Sydney is one of the world's great gay and lesbian cities — with plenty of stories waiting for you t...
Venture back to historic Sydney. A time when prisoners were the law, public executions were commonpl...
See the best that Sydney has to offer and save money with the Sydney Flexi Attraction Pass. If it's ...
On this day excursion from Sydney, you will discover the natural beauty of the Blue Mountains as you...
These relaxed concerts take place on summer afternoons as the sun sets across Sydney Harbour, and la...