Etna 2000 half-day private tour from Taormina
- Reach 2000 mt altitude on the active volcano Etna with a private tour guide
- Visit the Crateri Silvestri and see the impressive lava flows from the early 2000s
- Enjoy a comfortable private transfer from Taormina to Rifugio Giovanni Sapienza
- Marvel at the natural beauty and the view all around you!
When you visit the eastern coast of Sicily, Mount Etna is a must-see. Etna is the most active stratovolcano in the world. The eruptive history of this volcano goes back 500,000 years. In June 2013 Etna has become a Unesco World Heritage Site!
Departing from Taormina with a private van, a driver and your private tour guide, after about 1 hour time you'll reach Rifugio Giovanni Sapienza (1900 mt altitude), where your hike starts.
During the walking tour you'll see the Silvestri Craters, two inactive craters formed as a result of the Mount Etna eruption of 1892.
You'll also visit the impressive sites of the lava flows of 2001 and 2002. The 2002 eruption lasted from October 27th to January 29th 2003 and it is considered one of the most explosive eruptions of the past one hundred years.
The hike will last for about 2 hours, during which you tour guide will be happy to show you all the most important sites and stunning views from the volcano. An experience you won't easily forget!
- private return transfer from Taormina
- private tour guide
- food & drinks
Porta Messina: Corso Umberto, Taormina, Messina, Italia
Meeting point is just next to the big ancient arch of Porta Messina.
- the excursion is easy and suitable for everyone
- the private transfer will take about 1 hour each way
- we recommend you wear hiking boots or comfortable hiking shoes
- we recommend you bring a bottle of water and sunscreen, especially if you book this tour in summer
- please note that the activity is related on weather conditions
- every day at 8 am, 9 am, 2 pm, 3 pm
A great day out, packed with nature & adventures!Your driver will pick you up from your hotel betwee...
Spend a pleasant morning in Taormina learning to prepare delicious Sicilian recipes with the support...
On this excursion, explore Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, a UNESCO site since 201...
On this tour dedicated to shopping in a reconstructed village in the Sicilian architectural style, t...
Take a full tour of Mount Etna and explore the various valleys with the possibility to visit the slo...
Discover the Sicilian hinterland and the Tyrrhenian coast by visiting two of the most important citi...