Full Day Jeep Ride to Mount Etna from Taormina
- Take part in a scenic Jeep drive to the beautiful Mount Etna
- Taste delicious local deliicacies and wines
- Discover the amazing landscapes, volcano craters and lava flows
- Explore the north side of the volcano up to 1800 meters
A great day out, packed with nature & adventures!
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel between 8:30am and 9:00am (please be ready from 8:15am in the hotel lobby). Jump on board the air conditioned Land Rover (or similar 4x4 vehicle) and start your adventure!
Enjoy a lovely drive along the slopes of the volcano (regular road) to reach the neareste lookout point, where you will enjoy an amazing view of the Bove Valley, a spectacular natural basin where the lava flows during the Mount Etna Eruptions. To get to this point we will drive along an off-road area and a short trekking is required to reach the lookout point. We will then proceed to an area called Piano Provenzana, where we will see the effects of the great eruption of 2002. From there, after an off-road itinerary you will visit the lava front of 2002 and a natural cave created from the lava flow. You will then relax and have lunch in a local farmhouse: you will be served a 3-course menu that includes a rich selection of starters (salami, cheese, seasonal vegetables), two different types of pasta, and dessert. Lunch will also include local wine and mineral water and coffee. After lunch you will be transferred back to your hotel in Taormina area.
Dress code recommended
- From March to May & from October to November: pack a winter coat and wear sturdy shoes or hiking boots.
- From June to September: pack a waterproof shell and dress in layers. Wear comfortable shoes or sneakers; do not forget your sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat.
Please note: the service will be operated by a 6-seat jeep, but only 5 people will have a window seat.
- Collective Jeep ride excursion
- Basic English speaking Jeep driver (may be operated by a multi-lingual driver - English, Italian, French)
- Hotel pick-up (Taormina area, Castelmola, Giardini Naxos, Letojanni, Giarre, Fiumefreddo)
- 3-course lunch in a local farmhouse (wine, water & coffee included)
- Booking fee
- Gratuities and tips
- Children must be accompanied by 1 adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Piazza leone, 3, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
Pick up available. Please specify your hotel name and adress when you book.
- Departure from Taormina.
- If your Driver Escort delivers a satisfactory service, we recommend you to pay him an average of €50, based on the efficiency and service you receive.
- Gratuities to restaurants are never included in the bill. The restaurant cover charge is not a tip. If you pay with a credit card in Sicily, please be so kind as to pay your tip separately in cash to the waiter. This is usually 10% of the total bill.
- The use of public toilets requires a payment to the attendant of €0,50.
- Disabled travelers: please inform us if you have any walking restrictions before your arrival.
- This tour can be operated with all different weather condition (rain or shine) and all year around. The Tour Organizer and the Drivers reserve the right to invert the itinerary or make a compatible change on the itinerary in case of snow or in case of opened/closed road along the itinerary to guarantee the safety of the customers. In case of prohibitive weather condition on the day of the tour, you will be contacted and offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- The tour is not operated with licensed guide, it is operated will full licensed vehicles and drivers who are expert of the area, geology and nature and will give you all appropriate information during the itinerary.
- The lunch included in the tour will be provided in a local farmhouse. In case there are special instructions (allergies or religious restrictions), please hsare this information with us when you book the tour. If it isn't possibile to have lunch in a farmhouse (for reasons not under our control), lunch will be served in a local winery and will be based on cheese, salami, vegetables and sausages, with a tasting of 4 different wines.
- A vegetarian option is also available, please advise us at time of booking.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years old.
- Minimum number of participants: 2. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to reach the minimum number. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or tour or full refund.
- This tous is not recommended for people with back problems.
- This tous is not recommended for pregnant women.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- This tous is not wheelchair accessible.
-Total refund up to 15 working days before arrival
-25% of total amount won’t be refunded from 14 to 10 days before arrival
-50% of total amount won’t be refunded from 9 to 6 days before arrival
-75% of total amount won’t be refunded from 5 to 3 days before arrival
-100% of total amount won’t be refunded from 2 to the day of the services or after (No refund for no show)
Tour available all year round. Operating days and times may vary depending on season.
Operating days: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 8.30 AM
Spend a pleasant morning in Taormina learning to prepare delicious Sicilian recipes with the support...
On this excursion, explore Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, a UNESCO site since 201...
On this tour dedicated to shopping in a reconstructed village in the Sicilian architectural style, t...
Take a full tour of Mount Etna and explore the various valleys with the possibility to visit the slo...
When you visit the eastern coast of Sicily, Mount Etna is a must-see. Etna is the most active strato...
Discover the Sicilian hinterland and the Tyrrhenian coast by visiting two of the most important citi...