Syracuse guided tour from Taormina
- Explore the Archeological Park of Neapolis of Syracuse with its Greek theater and Roman amphitheater
- Visit the Roman and Greek ruins, like the Altar of Hieron II
- Visit the island of Ortygia and discover the Baroque monuments such as the Duomo
Excursion by bus with multilingual tour leader on board towards Syracuse, one of the most ancient Greek colony in Sicily, heritage of humanity and UNESCO site.
Upon arrival in Syracuse, meet with the multilingual local guide and visit the V century bC archeological area wher you will see the Greek Theatre, the Roman Amphitheatre, the Altar of Hieron II and the Latomies of Paradise with the Ear of Dionysius. After that, visit the historical center of the island of Ortigia, with the Temple of Apollo, the Cathedral, the important Baroque church built on an ancient temple and the Fountain of Arethusa with the famous papyrus plant.
Free time for an individual walking tour to the Grand Harbour with the “Foro Italico” on Porto Grande and optional lunch in typical restaurants.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary
- Multilingual Tour Leader and Local Guide services as per program
- Air conditioned bus
- Entrance fees (free for EU citizens under the age of 18 and reduced by 50% for EU citizens aged between 18 and 25 years with valid ID)
- Meals, drinks, tips, rentals and extras in general
- Infants (ages 0-2): free
- Children (ages 3-12): 50% reduction
Via Pirandello Luigi, 65, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
The main departure place for all excursions is the Bus Terminal at Via Pirandello in Taormina. Getting out from the Porta Messina Arch, walk down in Via Pirandello on the right and continue down finding the Bus Terminal on the right hand. Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before departure time. Pick-up is also available in the areas of Taormina by the sea, Giardini Naxos, Recanati and Letojanni.
- We recommend suitable attire when visiting sacred sites
- Departure every Monday, Thursday and Saturday
- Departure time 08.00am from Taormina Bus Terminal
A great day out, packed with nature & adventures!Your driver will pick you up from your hotel betwee...
Spend a pleasant morning in Taormina learning to prepare delicious Sicilian recipes with the support...
On this excursion, explore Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, a UNESCO site since 201...
Discover the Sicilian hinterland and the Tyrrhenian coast by visiting two of the most important citi...
Enjoy a 2-hour boat trip to explore the most beautiful places of Taormina coastline. This small grou...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Taormina...