Taormina last minute private tour with an expert guide
- Enjoy a full immersion guided tour of Taormina and its main monuments
- Admire Taormina's beautiful Greek-Roman Amphitheatre, the Cathedral, Corvaia Palace, Porta Messina and much more
- Be amazed by the stunning natural landscape all around you, such as the mountains and the Mediterranean sea
Spectacularly perched on the side of a mountain, Taormina is one of Sicily's most popular destinations all year round. It's rich in history, art, culture and tradition, besides being located in one of the most breathtaking spots of the whole country.
Founded in the 4th century BC, Taormina enjoyed great prosperity under the Greek ruler Gelon II and later under the Romans but fell into quiet obscurity after being conquered by the Normans in 1087. Its reincarnation as a tourist destination dates to the 18th century, when northern Europeans discovered it on the Grand Tour. Among its fans was DH Lawrence, who lived here between 1920 and 1923.
With this 2-hour private guided tour, you will enjoy the most important treasures of the town. You'll explore some of its most important and famous sites and admire the stunning signs of the Roman and Greek eras all around you. You'll get to see the Ancient Greek Theatre, the Piccolo Teatro Odeon, the Corvaia Palace, Corso Umberto and Porta Messina among other things.
- Private tour led by an expert guide
- Guided visit inside the Ancient Greek Theatre
- Ticket to enter the Greek Theatre
Porta Messina, Corso Umberto, Taormina (Messina, Italy)
Meeting point is just under the big ancient arch of Porta Messina.
- Please note that the price of this tour does not include any entrance fees. The ticket to visit the Ancient Greek Theatre can be bought on the spot (€10 per person).
- every day at 10am, 11am, 2pm, 3pm
A great day out, packed with nature & adventures!Your driver will pick you up from your hotel betwee...
Spend a pleasant morning in Taormina learning to prepare delicious Sicilian recipes with the support...
On this excursion, explore Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, a UNESCO site since 201...
On this tour dedicated to shopping in a reconstructed village in the Sicilian architectural style, t...
When you visit the eastern coast of Sicily, Mount Etna is a must-see. Etna is the most active strato...
Discover the Sicilian hinterland and the Tyrrhenian coast by visiting two of the most important citi...