Petra 2-day guided tour from Tel Aviv
- Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Petra
- Explore the ancient city of Jerash
- Experience authentic Bedouin hospitality
- Taste delicious traditional Bedouin food
Leaving Tel Aviv in the morning, you'll be driven up the Israeli side of the Jordan Valley and cross the Jordan River Border Crossing. Passing by beautiful landscapes of northern Jordan, you'll arrive at the ancient city of Jerash, an incredibly well-preserved Roman city of colonnaded streets, mosaics, baths, temples, and a marvelous hippodrome – a true blend of Eastern and Western architectural traditions.
Your following stop will be the capital city of Amman. You'll see both the modern downtown of the city and the old Citadel above the city, which includes the Temple of Hercules and historic palaces. You will have lunch in a local restaurant, and try out some sweet kanafeh for dessert. The tour will then continue south towards the desert, taking you to the Bedouin camp where you'll stay for the night. The Bedouins, nomadic inhabitants of the desert, have lived in the region for thousands of years, and will share their tasty meals and comfortable tents with you.
The second day is devoted to Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world, and Jordan’s most treasured attraction, Petra is an unforgettable place. It was carved into the red rocks of the soaring cliffs in the early 1st century as the tomb of a Nabataean king and was hidden under sand for centuries before recently becoming accessible again. You will tour through the Visitor Centre, Siq, Treasury and Amphitheater with your guide who will explain the sites and history along the way.
Then you will have free time to continue individually as you wish: climb to the Royal Tombs, walk down the Roman Cardo, hike up to the Monastery, and explore the different sites. You'll then meet the group again for a late lunch in Wadi Musa before heading back to Tel Aviv via the Allenby border crossing.
- Full transportation to all sites
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Accommodation in Bedouin campsite
- Meals (lunch and dinner on first day, breakfast and lunch on second)
- Custom-made travel app for smartphones & tablets
- Border taxes – PAYABLE ONLY IN CASH: Israeli exit fee of 106 ILS, payable with ILS, USD or EUR; Jordanian visa fee of 40 Jordanian Dinar, payable only cash JOD (there is an option to exchange while crossing into Jordan, on the Jordanian side); Jordanian exit fee of 10 Jordanian Dinar, payable only cash JOD
- Travel insurance
- Tips (tipping is a part of the culture and economy of tourism in the Middle East, in a similar way to restaurants in the USA and Europe). Recommended tip is 3-5 USD per person per day for the guide, 1-3 USD per person per day for the driver
- Please note the reduced price is available only for children up to 11 years old. They need to show a valid passport
Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv: Levontin Street, Tel Aviv, Israele
Meeting point is in the lobby of Abraham Hostel (Levontin Street, Tel Aviv)
- IMPORTANT - VISA INFORMATION: you must login HERE with your Email and Booking ID to enter your passport info at least 48 hours prior to travel or you may be unable to join the tour. Also, please download important Visa and border documents HERE.
- Please bring with you: valid passport, money for border crossing and exit fee, warm clothes for the night, you camera. We suggest you also bring cash for drinks, snacks, souvenirs, tips etc. (only JOD or USD are accepted in Jordan)
- Religious objects and clothing: please be aware that certain religious clothing and objects can create issues for travelers at the Border crossing. If you wish to bring such items, please get in touch prior to the tour.
- If you are traveling alone, you may need to share a room with someone of the same gender, depending on the size of the group. If you prefer to reserve a room only for yourself, there is a single supplement of 150 ILS. Just let us know when booking.
- Israeli citizens: please note, this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders, due to restrictions. If you have Israeli Citizenship in addition to a foreign passport, please contact us prior to the tour for special instructions regarding the border crossings
- Other Visa info: Jordan permits most Western countries to receive a travel visa at the border crossing. However, residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance. For re-entry into Israel, please ensure you are eligible for a Visa on Arrival, or have already arranged a multiple entry visa for Israel in advance. Check with your local embassy, or online
- Muslim holidays: during Islamic Holy Days (especially Ramadan), some sites may be closed or visiting times shortened.
- Unfortunately religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unable to be accommodated on this tour
- Please note the reduced price is available only for children up to 11 years old. They need to show a valid passport.
- Cancellation policy:
- Up to 1 week before departure – Partial 50% refund or change of date (subject to availability and any difference in price)
- Up to 2 weeks before departure – Partial 80% refund or change of date (subject to availability and any difference in price)
- Up to 1 month before departure – Full refund, minus 10% administration and payment processing fee or change of date
- For more information you can call the +972 2 566 0045 between 9am and 9pm (Israel time)
- tour starts at 6.00 am from Tel Aviv
Golan Heights resides in the most northern part of Israel where there are beautiful views filled wit...
On your 3-city, 2-day tour you will visit Caesarea, Acre and Golan with a 1-night stay in a hotel in...
Departing from Tel Aviv, you will head to Bethlehem to explore the city before it becomes bustling w...
On this tour you will see the fortress of Masada, Ein Gedi nature reserve, and the Dead Sea, departi...
Explore an intriguing region which can be difficult for some travelers to visit alone. On your guide...
Join this Jerusalem Day Tour departing from Tel Aviv, the most convenient way to discover the rich a...