Astronomy tour on Mount Teide
- The perfect tour on Teide for astronomy lovers
- Guided afternoon visit of the world's largest solar observatory
- Stargazing by night using telescopes in Teide National Park
The Astronomy tour is the perfect trip for star lovers, with transport also offered from various points on the island of Tenerife. Your astronomy tour of Teide includes a guided tour in the afternoon to the largest solar observatory in the world, the Teide Observatory, and after the sunset, a stargazing experience using a long range telescope under the clear skies of the Teide National Park, the most visited national park in Europe. Your tour also includes a stop to enjoy a picnic, which you can select to purchase with your tour.
With your Astronomy tour guide, on the afternoon guided tour to Teide Observatory, you will feel like a scientist for a day while learning about the Canary Islands Institute of Astrophysics, also known as IAC. You will participate in an astrophysics workshop, held in the Teide Observatory visitors centre, shared with you by Starlight guides and observe sunspots and solar flares through two solar telescopes
After the guided visit in the afternoon of the world’s largest solar observatory, you will experience the spectacular sunset in the National Park, before beginning the stargazing experience. Under Mount Teide's night sky, it is possible to observe 83 of the 88 constellations. You will discover planets, galaxies, thanks to our professional, last generation long range telescopes.
- Starlight guide
- Guided visit of the Teide Observatory
- Astronomy observation with long range telescopes
- Picnic (which you can add to your shopping cart as an optional product)
- Children ages 8-13
- Bring warm clothing and proper footwear
- Protect yourself from sunstroke
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses
- Take plenty of water on hikes
- No littering, taking rocks, plants or animals is permitted in National Parks
- It is prohibited to make fire, loud noises or to camp in National Parks
- People with heart problems and pregnant women are not allowed to ascend by cable car due to the high altitude
- The facilities at Teide Cable Car are not adapted to those with physical disabilities
- Tours with pick-up from the North of the island operate on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Tours with pick-up from the South of the island operate on Mondays and Thursdays
- Pick-up time varies seasonally, depending on the sunset, around 3.30pm
Enjoy the Teide National Park in all its glory, exploring the nooks and crannies of one of the world...
The Ethnographic Park Pirámides de Güímar is a 64000 m2 site of great cultural value, which comprise...
Do not miss this 2-hour guided Segway tour, a new and different way to visit Puerto de la Cruz!Put y...
Do not skip your scooter rental in Tenerife at the best prices and enjoy one of the most adventurous...
Spend a day cruising along Tenerife's magnificent southwestern coast aboard the Shogun, an authentic...
Loro Parque is the world-famous and adored by all animal adventure park in the Canaries. We invite y...
The special night takes place in the authentic Castle in San Miguel. You will cross the drawbridge t...
Go see whales and dolphins. Come back sailing along the coast of Tenerife. See the whales and dolphi...
"Malizia", the new Carmen Mota show, created and directed by Joaquín Marcelo, is an adapted version ...
Tenerife is laden with hidden treasures. From quaint hamlets hardly touched by time to epic natural ...