Pyramids of Güímar tickets
- Learn about the results of the investigations carried out in the pyramid complex
- See a documentary about the pyramids and the research of Thor Heyerdahl
- Discover the Secret Garden, with over seventy poisonous plant species from around the world
- Visit the museum with information and reproductions of the ships used by Heyerdahl in his transoceanic voyages
The Ethnographic Park Pirámides de Güímar is a 64,000 m2 site of great cultural value, which comprises six stepped pyramids that have been studied by archaeologists from around the world, led by the famous Norwegian anthropologist Thor Heyerdahl.
The park includes the Casa Chacona Museum, which shows the results of the research carried out inside the pyramid complex, its astronomical alignment with the summer and winter solstices, and one of the largest photographic collections of stepped pyramids in the world. Visitors can also visit the Auditorium, watching a documentary about the pyramids and research of Dr. Thor Heyerdahl, the Expeditions room, which provides information and reproductions of the boats used by Heyerdahl on his transoceanic trips, as well as a larger reproduction of the Ra II.
The Pyramids: Visitors will continue the tour along a path which runs close to the pyramids, enabling you to admire all the details of the construction, such as the meticulous shape of the stones that make up the structures, the precise proportions of the steps that lead at the upper level, the volcanic origin of the stones and the perfect astronomical orientation.
The park offers many outdoor routes to explore:
The Cultural Route: This route offers information on many aspects of the culture, history and ethnography of the Canary Islands during the 500 years since its conquest, such as: agriculture, craftsmanship, use of water in Tenerife, traditional costumes of the islands, Gofio (Canarian flour), mythology, famous visitors to Tenerife, the conquest of Tenerife, emigration, livestock and fishing, traditional sports and lizards.
The Botanical Route and the Exportation Products Route are part of more than 20000 m2 of Canarian gardens where you can discover the nature of the Canary Islands and can see what kinds of products that are vital for exportation.
You will also be able to discover the exhibition 'Rapa Nui. Polynesia: Extreme Survival', developed by the Mata Ki Te Rangi Foundation (Easter Island) aims to raise awareness about one of the most amazing and exciting stories in the world: the achievements of Polynesian society.
The latest novelty at the Park is the Poison Garden: Over seventy poisonous plant species from around the world. A unique exhibition in the Canary Islands, which contains some of the world's most dangerous plants in its 1,500 square meters. Learn about poisonous plants in a pleasant way!
Designed for all ages, this park is a fantastic place to enjoy with the whole family.
- Pyramids and much more ticket includes: Museum, Pyramids, Auditorium, Botanical Garden, Cultural Route and Sustainable Garden
- Premium ticket includes: Museum, Pyramids, Auditorium, Botanical Garden, Cultural Route, Sustainable Garden. Poison Garden and the Exhibition 'Colonising Polynesia'
- Guided tour
- Audio guide (available onsite for €3.75)
- Children (0-6 years): free (no ticket needed)
- Children (7-12 years): reduced
- Students under 25 years old: reduced
Calle Chacona, 41, 38500 Güímar, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Bus: Lines 121 or 126 to Pirámides stop.
- Comfortable footwear and sunscreen are recommended
- Daily from 9.30am to 6.00pm
- Last recommended hour of entry: 4.00pm
- Blackout dates: 25 December, 1 January
Enjoy the Teide National Park in all its glory, exploring the nooks and crannies of one of the world...
Enjoy the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of seeing whales and dolphins in their natural habitats and...
Do not miss this 2-hour guided Segway tour, a new and different way to visit Puerto de la Cruz!Put y...
This is an amazing chance to visit the unforgettable National Park of Mount Teide. Not only is it a ...
Discover Las Palmas de Gran Canaria aboard a double-decker bus with panoramic views of the city. As ...
Book this 2.5-hour private tour to get the most out of your time in Seville. You’ll start with a tou...
Ronda is among other things famous for having the oldest bullring in Spain, dated 1785, and the New ...
'Alirón' is the war cry for citizens of Bilbao, the one that sounds when Athletic Club wins a title....
Open since november 2007, Icebarcelona has become a must see in the Condal city. Frequented as much ...
Travel directly from Barajas Adolfo Suárez Airport (MAD) to your hotel in Madrid and save time. We w...