Pyramids of Güímar tickets
- Learn about the results of the investigations carried out in the pyramid complex
- Show a documentary about the pyramids and the research of Thor Heyerdahl
- Discover the Secret Garden, with over seventy poisonous plant species from around the world
- Visit the museum with information and reproductions of the ships used by Heyerdahl in his transoceanic voyages
The Ethnographic Park Pirámides de Güímar is a 64000 m2 site of great cultural value, which comprises six stepped pyramids that have been studied by archaeologists around the world, led by the famous Norwegian anthropologist Thor Heyerdahl.
The park includes the Casa Chacona Museum, which shows the results of the investigations carried out in the pyramid complex, its astronomical alignment with summer and winter solstices, and one of the largest photographic collections of stepped pyramids in the world. Visitors can also visit the Auditorium, showing a documentary about the pyramids and the research of Dr. Thor Heyerdahl, the Expeditions room, with information and reproductions of the ships used by Heyerdahl in his transoceanic voyages, and a larger reproduction of the Ra II.
The Pyramids: Visitors continue their tour along a path which runs close to the pyramids, enabling all the construction details to be admired such as the meticulous shaping of the stones making up the structures, the precise proportions of the steps leading up to the top level, the volcanic origin of the stones and the perfect astronomical orientation.
The cultural route offers information on many aspects of culture, history and ethnography of the Canary Islands, during the 500 years since the conquest, such as: Agriculture, Craftsmanship, use of water in Tenerife,Traditional Costumes of the islands, “Gofio”, Mythology, Famous visitors on Tenerife, the Conquest of Tenerife, Emigration, Livestock and Fishing, Traditional Sports and Lizards.
The Botanical Route and the Exportation Products Route are part of more than 20000 m2 of Canarian gardens. To complete the visit, there is also a Cultural Route, which offers information on many aspects of culture, history and ethnography of the Canary Islands.
The exhibition “Rapa Nui. Polynesia: Extreme Survival”, developed by the “Mata Ki Te Rangi” Foundation (Easter Island) aims to raise awareness of one of the most amazing and exciting stories in the world: the achievements of the Polynesian society.
The latest novelty at the Park is the Poison Garden: Over seventy poisonous plant species from around the world. A unique exhibition in the Canary Islands, which contains some of the world's most dangerous plants in its 1,500 square metres.
Designed for all ages, is an attractive place to be enjoyed en famille. Children and adults can begin to learn about poisonous plants in a pleasant way.
- Pyramids and much more ticket includes: Museum, Pyramids, Auditorium , Botanical Garden, Cultural Route and Sustainable Garden
- Premium ticket includes : Museum, Pyramids, Auditorium , Botanical Garden, Cultural Route ,Sustainable Garden. Poison Garden and the Exhibition "Colonising Polynesia"
- Guided Tour
- Audio guide (available on-site for 3.75€)
- Children 0-8 years old: free (no ticket needed)
- Children 9 -12 years old: reduced
- Students under 25 years old: reduced
Calle Chacona, 41, 38500 Güímar, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Bus: Lines 121 or 126 to Pirámides stop
- Comfortable footwear and sunscreen are recommended
- Daily from 9.30am to 6.00pm
- Last recommended hour of entry: 4.00pm
- Blackout dates: 25 December, 1 January
The Astronomy tour is the perfect trip for star lovers, with transport also offered from various poi...
Despite being the smallest municipality of the archipelago, its population density makes Puerto de l...
Do not miss this 2-hour guided Segway tour, a new and different way to visit Puerto de la Cruz!Put y...
This is your chance to visit the Canarian Island of La Gomera, where you will find an unspoiled isla...
Loro Parque is the world-famous and adored by all animal adventure park in the Canaries. We invite y...
The harbour town of Los Cristianos on the south coast of Tenerife plays host to the island's largest...
Year in, year out, Siam Park is voted Tenerife's No.1 attraction. This themed waterpark's TripAdviso...
With this transfer to the south of Tenerife, you'll get to design your own day just the way you want...
This award-winning drag show will have you in stitches from start to finish. Hailed the funniest nig...
Si pudieras escaparte al fin del mundo... ¿con quién te irías?Sin ir tan lejos, tienes el plan perfe...