Prosecco tasting and tour of Bortolomiol cellar
- Visit a cellar out of the ordinary
- Have a taste of Prosecco Superiore (Vintage)
- Explore one of the most important wine regions in Italy
“Bortolomiol is a member of The Grand Wine Tour Association: a quality brand that certifies hospitality excellence in the best wineries. The Grand Wine Tour is also a magazine online.”
This sparkling wine company was founded by Giuliano Bortolomiol in the 1940s, although the family tradition dates back to 1760. Giuliano, a Conegliano Oenology School graduate, was the first to create the Prosecco brut. Today the winery is run by sisters Elvira, Maria Elena, Giuliana and Luisa Bortolomiol, who passionately look after the family tradition with ongoing investments in state-of-the-art technology to control the entire production process. The restoration and refurbishment of the old mill in the heart of Valdobbiadene, located in Filandetta Park, converted the building into a large tasting room, in honor of all the women who previously lived and worked here. Bortolomiol wanted to pay tribute to their commitment to this important part of local history with a sustainable agricultural project that would preserve the area's rural heritage (which has been included in the list of potential UNESCO World Heritage Sites multiple times).
Experience and offers
In the headquarters of Filandetta Park, you will find a winery, a tasting room and an organic vineyard. All of this is surrounded by a permanent exhibition of works of art. Guests will be taken on a tour of the vineyard, designed according to EU specifications for organic viticulture. After, guests will visit the winery, witness the estate's delicate wine making methods, and learn about the farm's history and evolution.
There are two kinds of tours:
- Reception at Filandetta Park, introduction to Prosecco Superiore and the history of the winery, with a short guided tour of the park
- Tasting of 3 wines (3 types of Vintage Prosecco Superiore): Grande Cuvée del Fondatore, Ius Naturae, and Bandarossa
- Estimated time: 60 minutes
- Reception at Filandetta Park, introduction to Prosecco Superiore and the history of the winery, tour of the organic vineyard and the winery with an explanation of the production process involving Prosecco Superiore wine
- Tasting of 3 wines (3 kinds of Vintage Prosecco Superiore): Grande Cuvée del Fondatore, Ius Naturae, and Bandarossa
- Estimated time: 90 minutes.
- Guided tour of the cellar
- Prosecco tasting
- Transport (on request)
Via della Filandeta, 7, 31049 Valdobbiadene TV, Italy
- Parco della Filandetta Bortolomiol is open Monday to Friday from 2.00pm to 6.00pm/Saturdays from 9.30am to 12.30pm
GRANDE CUVEE DEL FONDATORE
Valdobbiadene DOCG Rive San Pietro di Barbozza Brut Vintage
- Italian Wine Guide 2017 Gambero Rosso - 3 Glasses
- Gilbert & Gaillard 2017 - Gold Medal 90+
BANDAROSSA Valdobbiadene DOCG Prosecco Superiore Extra Dry Vintage
- Sparkle Cucina & Vini 2017 - 5 Spheres
- Gilbert & Gaillard 2017 - Gold Medal
IUS NATURAE Valdobbiadene DOCG Prosecco Superiore Brut Vintage
- Gilbert & Gaillard - Gold Medal 90+
- Wine Advocate 2016 - 90 Points
- Wine Enthusiast 2016 - 91 Points
- From Monday to Friday 2.00pm, 3.00pm and 4.00pm
- Saturday 9.30am, 10.30am and 11.00am
During this 2.5-hour private tour your expert guide will take you through the most important and int...
Col Vetoraz is a member of The Grand Wine Tour Association: The Grand Wine Tour is a mark of excelle...
Da Romano’s Curse: save Cunizza from her Fate! This tour is perfect for active teens, adults and fam...
Join a 2-hour walking tour of the northeastern city of Treviso, modeled after the infamous Venice, a...
Can you make the best Tiramisu in the world?The sweetest culinary competition dedicated to non-profe...
L'evento vuole rendere omaggio a quei vini che - coltivati in aree cosiddette estreme: montagna, for...